This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General suckage

As we know, customers generally fall into 3 types, plus one hybrid. Reasonable, stupid, entitled or stupid/entitled crossover. A crossover might be someone entitled who has learned that playing stupid might get them something they want.

Last night I had a lady on the phone who wanted to know why there was a balance and interest on her credit card account. Quoth she, " I didn't spend anything, but it says I have a balance and I am past due! You are charging me interest. Why? I didn't SPEND anything!!!"

Cue me explaining, "Ma'am, you have been charge your annual fee in April. You have not sent in payment for your annual fee yet, so your account is 2 months past due, plus late fees and interest."

Cue customer wailing, "But it isn't FAIR, I have only had this card since April 2014, and you never charged me an annual fee before!! I didn't SPEND anything, I shouldn't HAVE a balance!""

Whilst she wails this, I am looking at her records, she has had the acccount since December of '13, and last year when her annual fee billed, she paid up. So she is most assuredly aware of the terms of her account.

Cue me explaining this to her when she stops to draw breath finally. Cx insists she has only had the account 11 months, (nope, 2 years, says so in black and white) I am not past due(black and white) and we go around reiterating ourselves until she gives up and hangs up the phone.

Cue several more people who call in and want to know why they got a late fee. Because you paid late, genius. Either ask nicely for me to remove it as a courtesy, or get off my phone, go back to third grade, and learn to READ.

Then there was the gent who called in, and wanted to know why his account was reporting on his Credit Bureau still. Because his soon to be ex wife had been ordered by the judge in their divorce to take over as primary and hadn't done so. Resulting in 80 days past due and me explaining that she hadn't sent back the paperwork. For which I don't blame her, as she was an authorized user and therefore not responsible for the 10s of thousands in stuff that was clearly meant for the hubby on the card account.

Finally Scooter sighs and says well I have a new acct with you, and I want to add my girlfriend on as an authorized user to that one. I do so and while I am, Scooter wants to know what part of the country I am in. I state it's our Arkansas call center, and he says, "Oh really, that's funny, it sounds like you still have all your teeth!"

I so wanted to reply, "Yes, I do. Unlike your girlfriend." But contented myself with saying " I am a native Texan!" and transferring Scooter to collections instead.

Ah, credit card customers. The bane of my existence.
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Too bad you can't transfer them to "Rachel from Cardholder Services" that keeps robocalling me. According to the recording she can solve whatever credit card problems your customers have!

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
        Too bad you can't transfer them to "Rachel from Cardholder Services" that keeps robocalling me. According to the recording she can solve whatever credit card problems your customers have!
        Welcome to Cardholder Services. My name is... Peggy.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Welcome to Cardholder Services. My name is... Peggy.
          Rule 1 violation here! Man I miss those commercials.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
          X