This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sstabeler View Post
    why bother taking the ID out of the wallet? there- problem solved, if you can afford the booze, you can show ID.
    Every time I've been carded I've had to take my ID out of my wallet. The seller/bartender probably has to check it over to make sure it isn't a fake (well, an obvious fake).
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Every time I've been carded I've had to take my ID out of my wallet. The seller/bartender probably has to check it over to make sure it isn't a fake (well, an obvious fake).
      They also don't want to be accused of taking anything from the wallet.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Roland View Post
        I'm like Nostradamus. I can see the future.
        "Man, man, your time is sand, your ways are leaves upon the sea
        I am the eyes of Nostradamus, all your ways are known to me!"

Back on topic, I will never understand how people do not comprehend that yes, the rules do indeed apply to them. Yes, you do have to have your ID when you buy tobacco / alcohol / lottery. No ID, no fun stuff. And no amount of tantrum throwing and swearing will change the cashier's mind. Honestly, you think the cashier will be swayed by your scary bad language? "Ooh, you're using the F word, you must be old enough to buy this!" Nope, if anything, you've just proved that you're too immature for the stuff.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth judecat View Post
          In my store we card everyone, unless we know for sure how old they are -- so my co-workers don't have to card me, I don't have to card my mother, sister, or nieces and nephews. So I image everyone knows how old Donald Sutherland is, so I wouldn't bother to card him either.
          It was funny but the cashier had no idea who he was. I asked her afterwards if she now knew who is was and she got quite upset about it. I gather a bunch of other people kept asking her that as well. Then a few days after this I was on register and standing at the front of my lane talking with a couple of the young guys (around hi school age) and I said he was in MASH. They both said, "Oh, the TV show" and I said that no it was the movie and they still had no idea. So I mentioned Kiefer and they had no idea who he was. It was about then that I gave up.
          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I have been reading the older strips from Tina's Groove (mentioned in another thread) and came across a good ID strip.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              I meant why bother taking your ID out of your wallet when you get home. Obviously you take it out when you need to show ID.

Comment

Working...
              X