This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your own parking is s**t

Saw this one today as we were leaving the theatre.

A family was getting into their minivan and bemoaning the car parked next to them.

Woman: "Why did they park so close? How did they even get out? I can't believe someone would park like that!"

The car in question? Perfectly centered in the parking spot. The minivan belonging to the complainer was parked right on the line. They were complaining about the car when they were the ones parked wonky.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I had a similar situation a bit over a week ago. I was at a minimall, entering the parking area (angled parking) immediately behind a pickup truck. There were 3 spaces in a row that were empty. Truck takes space 2, I take space 1, and the pickup driver can't get his door open (my fender is in the way). He immediately starts yelling at me for parking like an idiot.

Slight problem - I'm roughly centered in the space, parallel to the lines. The inboard edge of his rear tire is on the line, his front tire is fully in my space. I let him know that I'm parked properly. He answers "How am I supposed to get out?", and I reply "Maybe if you weren't over the line you'd be able to get your door open". He backs up, then moves over - straddling the line between spaces 2 and 3.

Maybe I should have backed up to let him get out of his truck - then pulled in again to the same place so he couldn't get his door open to get in.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It's amazing how they park right on the line, but somehow, it is never their fault they cannot get in and out of their own car!

I have a small car, and one day, I parked smack in the middle of a space, and when I got back to my car, there was a massive 4 wheel drive on either side of me, and they were both parked over the lines on their side!

The only way I could get in my car was to climb in via the boot, slip into the back seat, then over to the front! Luckily my car is a hatchback so I could get in via the boot - but it never should have come to that!

Comment

I saw almost the exact thing at Sam's Club. Complete with the bitching and complaining!

Comment

I suspect this is the reason why at the car park I used today, there were two lines in the middle of the space as well as the two marking the space ( i.e. you use the center to park your car, then there is space for your doors)- not thta this stopped the morons, but it makes it a bit more obvious who is being a moron.

Comment

I came out of the market the other day & someone had blocked my door, so I just sat on their hood until they came back. I couldn't use the other side because I'd purposely parked right up against the wall in an end space, to try & avoid just this happenstance - I need to swing the door wider nowadays, not as limber as I used to be. Still, they'd managed to park over the line so that our mirrors overlapped - my short-ass car's driver's mirror was actually beneath their passenger's mirror. How the hell they expected anyone to be able to get in, I'll never know.

They said nothing, not a peep, when they finally came out 15 minutes later. Not as I casually stood up & leaned on my cane while they loaded their groceries, nor as they pulled away & I walked up to my door so I could get in & finally drive my shit home... :/
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
            X