This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
    I agree, some people should be charged extra if they can't keep their kids under control.
    (I should start charging people extra at my place coz they keep changing where they wanna sit)

Still, this reminds me of something I saw on the news. A hair salon put up a notice saying parents of kids who throw tantrums would be charged extra. This caused a bit of a miff, coz it offended some parents of autistic children.

But anyway, I believe in charging parents extra if they can't learn to keep their kids on a leash
    I too, agree on this......would be nice if we could add a "Clean-up" fine to library cards, but administration would not see that as being customer-friendly. (And unfortunately, because it IS part of my job duties to clean up after customers, I can't really complain about having to do my job)

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Just no youtubes of the Glazed Doughnut Monster!
      This was back around 1978/79 so no youtubes or social media of any kind.
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
        This was back around 1978/79 so no youtubes or social media of any kind.
        Or 8mm home movies. My dad has some color from '57-58...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Or 8mm home movies. My dad has some color from '57-58...
          We did have some that my Dad took in the 50's and my husband actually had one that we used when my oldest was young but I didn't use it at all so no movies. Especially if it happened when he was at work. Husband even stopped using it that much.
          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Unfortunately, this is not unique to parents...

This attitude is best described in a character quote from the MMORPG "Guild Wars":

This lab is the perfect place to run a full battery of tests. There's good equipment here and more importantly, it's not mine. So I won't care if it gets destroyed.
            Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X