This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from my holiday

I've just been on a week's holiday to Norfolk (Hunstanton area). There's a lavender farm there which is like a garden centre/nursery, and there were two women that I can remember. One was stupid, the other rude.

Stupid -

She went up to the cashier in one of the shops and asked him, "Do you sell lavender?"

Um... really? You asked that? At a lavender farm?

Rude -

This other lady was rude. She went up to the cashier in the same shop and waved a bag of dried lavender in his face.

"How can you be sure this lavender is fresh? I don't want to buy it if it's years old and has gone bad!"

The cashier told her that he wasn't sure, as it came straight from a supplier, they just sell it.

"Well that's not good enough! You ought to know your products!"

She didn't buy the lavender.

BTW the lavender farm was so lovely, we went twice while we were on holiday. All the staff are super friendly and they sell such lovely things. They even sell lavender, which is really weird considering it's a lavender farm.

"Gone bad?" Dried lavender CAN'T go bad. The scent will fade eventually, that's all.

Honestly. Some people.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ooh, we live near hunstanton and are going there on wednesday for a day at the beach, i'll have to keep an eye out for that place, it sounds interesting!

And yeah, a place that focusses on lavender, not selling lavender....seems unlikely. Like going into a florists and asking if they have any flowers.

Comment

Wait, they're a lavender farm and they get the lavender they sell from a supplier? That would boggle me.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          Wait, they're a lavender farm and they get the lavender they sell from a supplier? That would boggle me.
          Perhaps it's sold to someone else to be processed, then they buy some back at cost/deduct it from the debt owed to them so they can sell it? Just because they grow it doesn't mean they have the facilities to process it.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
          X