This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing busload of guests

Not my guests, so posting in Sightings but....

We're hosting a large conference. They've bought out The Resort and also several rooms at our sister property in town. They were coming from all over the country, nay, all over the world, and a significant number were arriving by train and taking shuttles to the hotels.

We got a call last night from Sister Property.

Sister Property: "Yeah, apparently our guests got on the wrong shuttle. Can you see if they are on yours? Maybe our shuttle can meet them halfway?"

So we called our shuttle and...nope, we don't have 'em. We called Sister Property back to deliver the news.

Basically, an entire busload of guests got on the wrong bus and no one knew whose bus it was or where they went.

I messaged the Guest Services manager over there but haven't yet heard if they were ever found. I'm sure it was an amazing adventure, though.

I'm just glad it wasn't my guests....
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

We now know where the old MTA workers are.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This morning the Guest Services manager told me she hadn't been informed of the incident. This afternoon, I learned that guests were going to "Brand X" Sister Property location and "Brand X" Other Property location, and had gotten on the shuttle to the wrong "Brand X". So it wasn't quite the amazing magical adventure we'd hoped the guests would experience.

Or maybe it was, as "Brand X" Other Property location has a hotel bar that Sister Property lacks. They serve gummi bear martinis. Gummi bear martinis, folks! (instead of olives, you get actual gummi bears in your drink, too!)
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        Gummi bear martinis, folks! (instead of olives, you get actual gummi bears in your drink, too!)
        What a great way to ruin candy, sticking it in nasty booze. I'm glad my hotel doesn't have a bar. People want to get trashed, they're going to have to put in some effort.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          They serve gummi bear martinis. Gummi bear martinis, folks! (instead of olives, you get actual gummi bears in your drink, too!)
          And where is this hotel? Because I have a week and a half worth of vacation time and no vacation plans (yet anyways).
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
          X