This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hell of a man.

I'd like to introduce you to a man I knew named Ray.

First a little background.

Few years back I moved from my previous location, we needed a house and went looking for, if anything, rent houses. With a hint from a local convenience store worker we met this guy named Ray, now, Ray lived with his daughter and Ray was probably about seventy years old, the guy owned about twenty something houses around town and basically lived off the income.

We met Ray and learned that he was selling the houses, rent-to-own so we signed a contract and lived set up shop.
    Everything was great until my mom had to enter a nursing home for physical therapy, when that happened and me and my brother without work, we had no choice but to move in with dad. Our last home was bulldozed (t'was built in 1919 and in poor shape). So we head over to Ray's house and by this time we've talked to Ray a few times and learned that he was an old biker (dude had hair as long as his back) me and my brother have long hair and we got along fine.
    (end BG).

We go to Ray's house and inform him we can't make the payments and that we'll move out in thirty days, it would be as if we just rented the house so no big deal.
    Well Ray didn't like that, he told us that we could just pay him back later on. We told him we didn't have jobs and that we couldn't afford it. Ray say's "Hell then! forgot the money! Pay me back whenever!" It was actually sad that we had to decline his offer because we didn't even have enough to pay the bills. We explained and said our goodbyes and expressed how grateful we were to him.
    We even went as far as to bring him a Christmas present later that year because he was so awesome.

Sometimes the kindness is too much.
Working...
X