This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post

What makes the first cashier's reaction especially stupid - 7-UP is a Pepsi product (both Coke and Pepsi products were on sale that week).
    7-Up is currently owned by the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. As far as who distributes it, it depends on the particular region of the country.

In some markets, 7-Up is distributed by Pepsi Cola, other areas, it's Independent Bottlers (same guys who bring us the Canada Dry, Cheerwine, Sunkist and RC Cola products.)

And it can change distributors in an area . . . when I first started in the grocery business, it came in on the Pepsi truck . . . around 2002 or 2003, it switched to our Indepedent Bottler group, and now it comes w/the Cheerwine deliveries.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I was speaking about my area - where 7-UP is distributed by Pepsi.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My customers tell me how they just scan one soda pack and do a quantity at our competitor. Yeah, we're not them....
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
          I love the craft store complaints, because I sew, and I seriously do not understand how psychotic people get in craft stores. Like, if you have the patience to quilt or decoupage or make jewelry how do you not have the patience to wait in line for 5 whole minutes??
          Because I want to run right home to play with all the pretty shiny stuff I just bought!

Comment

I also get complained at about that. SCO has never had the ability to let customers enter a quantity, ever (I think I know why). Overseers can do it with the card, but it still requires a manager override which we try not to do as it means waiting X minutes (and possibly getting cursed at/insulted during the wait) to find someone.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Frankly. this is why BTS is so horrible and why I hope the person who first thought to turn it into a big shopping extravaganza is suffering an eternity of unspeakable torment in hell.

You can't just scan one notebook and enter a quantity of 24. Nope, you have to scan every single one in case there's a college rule notebook hiding in the pile of wide rule. Same thing goes for every pack of pencils, every box of crayons, every bottle of glue or pack of glue sticks. It's tedious and time-consuming, and if more people get in line at the checkouts then we have to call for backup cashiers and baggers.

BTS is barely a week old and I'm so ready for it to be over already.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And that is why teachers get their own lines at my Malmart.

During the worst crowded times they'll line up all the teachers with big orders at one or two registers.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                X