This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would kill a hummingbird...

After spending a couple hours at a local food festival, one of my sisters and I were sitting in a coffee shop. One of the employees came out to the condiment counter and set out a tall bottle of simple syrup (if you've never seen it, it's basically sugar water, it dissolves better in cold drinks than granulated sugar). The bottle was about 9 or 10 inches high.

A "customer" (I never saw him buy anything) walks up with a Sprite bottle with some liquid in it and proceeds to pour nearly the entire contents of the syrup bottle into it and walks out again.

Who the hell drinks sugar syrup??

I handed the bottle back to the coffee shop folks and told them what the guy did. They refilled the bottle. He came back a while later and started in again. I told him, "Hey, that's for everybody's use, not just yours!"

He glanced at me, poured a little into his bottle and went out. Shortly after that he left.

Asshole.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Dude's either got diabetes, or is trying to get it.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
      If he already has it, there's not enough insulin in the world to counteract that.

If he wants it, he's going about it the right way.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Who the hell drinks sugar syrup??
        Beats me. I had the same reaction when I still worked at a movie theater and saw one of my co-workers adding extra Mountain Dew syrup to her drink (we had some odd soda fountains where the syrup and carbonated water mixed in the cup instead of inside the machine).
        "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

I used to add a little extra (less than an ounce) when I got my drinks at a little Italian joint where I worked...but...jeez. Not THAT much. We had a soda "gun" that would dispense pure syrup (Dr Pepper was my drug of choice) if you just pressed down on the very edge. I got very good at doing that, very quickly, as the owners had the mix (intentionally) set as very dilute.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That guy's gotta be going full Cornholio.

Either that or he's taking it to use at home in his coffee.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Jumbo size Squishee, please--one made entirely out of syrup.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                I am diabetic and I think my blood sugar went up just reading that.
                Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  Jumbo size Squishee, please--one made entirely out of syrup.
                  Looks like somebody is about to join the Junior Campers (The few, the proud, the geeky!)
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth stitchwitch View Post
                    I am diabetic and I think my blood sugar went up just reading that.
                    I know, me too!

Comment

Working...
                    X