Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible scammer gets me in trouble (ranty)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible scammer gets me in trouble (ranty)

Ok so I checked in a young guy and his young kid around 5 am. Our conversation went thusly:

PS = Possible scammer
    Me= no tolerance for BS

PS: So I would like a room.
    Me: Ok the rate is [Rate]. Is that ok
    PS: Fine

We go thru the check in process.

Me: Ok so here's your keys. This is room number and your date of departure right below. Checkout is at 11am. *points to sign saying this behind me* Any questions?

PS: Yeah can I pay with my hot looks *LEERS*

Me: NO *Forced chuckle*

He frowns and slinks away. What a d bag. I brush it off. But the next morning, he complains about ME! WTF?!!!!!

He says that I never told him the checkout time EVEN THO IT IS RIGHT BEHIND ME SIMPLE IDIOT CAN'T YOU READ?!?!?!?! You were looking at it the whole time!

He said that he wanted to check out tomorrow, not today EVEN THO IT SAYS RIGHT ON YOUR KEY PACKET THAT IT IS TODAY YOU DUMB IDIOT!!!!

SO either he is illiterate or he trying to pull a scam. Nevertheless, he gets a refund. What a d bag. Can't people read?
    The manager blamed me and told me that I have to be more clearer with these idiots.
    And if he was illerate, he could still read numbers, right? Or is it just words? I'm not sure. Or he could listen instead of trying to act like casanova. Just thinking about his stupidity burns me up!
    BTW, the system says that he stayed with us before a few times. So he knows the hotel rules! I think it's a scam
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 07-19-2015, 03:57 AM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Why do people do that shit? What if you got fired right on the spot? Smh.

Comment

The "hot looks" comment was most likely his sad attempt at flirting with you. I hate when customers lie and then you have to pay for their lies. If your manager knows you, and had a spine and a set of balls (man or woman!) he/she would have backed you up. SMH
      "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
      "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth minkysmom View Post
        Why do people do that shit? What if you got fired right on the spot? Smh.
        Because they get a refund, as this d-bag did. As long as Corporate keeps giving in to these spurious complaints, they will keep making them.
        I no longer fear HELL.
        I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth BamaBabe View Post
          The "hot looks" comment was most likely his sad attempt at flirting with you.
          And when that attempt went up in flames, he decided to get back at the OP by lying, while scoring a free night. I really loathe this type of ass.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the check-out time usually listed someplace in the room?

Like with the fire escape instructions on the door that nobody reads, or in the packet of hotel information that nobody reads?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

isn't checkout time pretty standard EVERYWHERE?

Comment

I've seen standard issue checkout times vary between 10 am and 1 pm.
                ludo ergo sum

Comment

If there is one, I would contact the district manager or equivilent - tell them exactly what happened, including the guy sexually harassing you. (and yes - specifically say SEXUAL HARASSMENT)

And if there's any video footage with audio, get a copy of that as well.

Your manager is an idiot and you need to protect yourself... from the manager and from the sleazy customer.

Comment

IKR, keep the lame one liners for a bar or a party, not a hotel worker. :/ Cuz unless you're a child it's not cute! IT's CREEPEH. And doing it in front of your child is worse.
                    If I'd seen PS I would've given him a piece of my mind. I hate stupid pple who lie. Luckily I didn't see him at all.
                    I'm sure to make it crystal clear tho what checkout times are. Last night, I was checking in another dude.
                    Me: This is your key, and there is the elevator ^_^
                    Dude: Ok thx
                    I wait for him to look up from tapping on his phone and our eyes meet.
                    Me: *steely voice* CHECKOUT'S AT 11. TOMORROW. UNDERSTAND?
                    Dude: Uhhhhh....okay....o_o
                    Me: ^_^ Have a good night! ^_^

He took the keys and went towards the elevator, checking back to make sure that I wasn't following him I'm sure. Maybe he'll complain that I used a rude tone, but it's the only way to make sure it gets thru their thick skulls! :\
                    Last edited by HotelMinion; 07-22-2015, 03:34 AM.
                    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Can you make them sign a form that states that you told them the important info? If you're going to be written up for it if you don't, I think you deserve to be able to prove that you did.

Have the form display the information. Maybe have forms available in multiple languages, so you can get them to sign a form that matches the language stated/implied by their passport.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                      X