This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yard sale suck

I had a big yard sale yesterday, trying to get rid of stuff and raise some petty cash for my move to Ohio in two weeks.

Of course, there had to be suck.

Most of the customers were really nice. There was very little dickering, in fact too little. Few people counter offered my asking prices on some things (and everything was reasonably priced). Every customer who counter offered walked away with the item; I was serious about moving it.

One guy bought several things from me: my table saw, some garden tools, and a gate extender for a pickup truck. The latter was missing a piece, so I was only asking for $5 for it. I had a Jeep bikini top sitting next to it. He asked me about the extender, I told him about the missing piece, he said he wanted it anyway. So I take his money.

We were busy, and I got distracted as he was loading up. After he left, another customer asked about the bikini top because I had advertised it.

It was gone.

Asshole!
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

WTF was he gonna do with the bikini top? Ijit.
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth BamaBabe View Post
      WTF was he gonna do with the bikini top? Ijit.
      Probably sell it. I think he's a dealer; buys stuff at yard sales that he fixes up and resells at a thrift store or on Craigslist.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

...What is a Jeep bikini top? I'm guessing it's not something you wear. Well anyway, 10/10 on the asshole o' meter.

Comment

Comment

I thought that he was trying to get swimwear for his wife or girlfriend, which begs the question: why buy the top without the bottom?
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Ugh. More suck.

I've been going through my leftovers from the yard sale, putting them up on OfferUp.

One of the items is a remote controlled car. It was fine and working when I put it out. Now it's broken. Someone dropped, broke it and didn't tell me.

Comment

Working...
              X