This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a guy arrested

Been a while. I am still at the tobacco shop.

Tonight I had a few customers in line, the guy I was waiting on and the guy behind him knew each other. As I was waiting on the first guy the second one was leaning over him and telling me to give him the money from the drawer and to empty the safe while I was at it.

I knew he was drunk and wasn't serious. I got him to leave by telling him that I was serious and yes he had to go.

I hear someone talking so I look outside and there he is trying to get a guy to buy his smokes. I tell him to get lost or I am calling the police.

I waited on the guy he was trying to get to buy his cigarettes and let him know what's going on.

Not 10 minutes later the guy comes walking in and tells me I am going to sell him his f***ing cigarettes. Uh no. That is strike 3.

He stands there as I am telling 911 what is going on and he even tells me is name.

He waits in the lot for the police because they "know him" and won't do "s**t".

I wait on a few more customers that have came in as he is outside yelling that I am lying.

I see a police car pull in so I go outside but I am too late. Two police cars already have him and he has his hands on the police car and is being searched.

The officer that just arrived comes in and talks to me and I fill him in on what happened. They all stand outside the stores door while the guy is handcuffed and in the backseat of a police car.

They come in and tell me they can charge him with criminal attempt robbery, I would have to go to court, get the video from my boss, etc...

Or they can arrest him for public drunkenness.

All we usually do is teach them a lesson if they are a regular. They get kicked out until the next day. They come in and act normal the next day then all is fine and forgotten. So I choose the public drunkenness I also asked them to let him know it is a CRIME and to stay away from me now on. They offered to criminal trespass him but I know my boss will just let him back in a week or so from now.

Yeah I could have ruined his life even more, he is already a drunken bum. But all I wanted was for him to get away from me, but he kept coming back. If I thought he was serious he would have been DoA when the police got there.

I would have nailed that guy big time. Being drunk doesn't excuse anyone's behavior.

Comment

Agreed, full charges and banned from the store.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Tough one, actually. We don't need to be warehousing people who say stupid shit when drunk. It's very expensive and doesn't actually make society safer.

Then again, I might not have jumped to the conclusion the guy wasn't serious and called the cops right then.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I get one or two people pulling this a month. They are regulars and usually give a little mouth then leave.

This guy just would not go away. But now that I know the people will charge them with attempted robbery I can let them know when they start running their mouths that they can leave or have a arrest on their record for attempted robbery.

Trust me, if I thought he was serious the title here would have been different. It would have been "I killed a robber". That is one nice thing about working where I do. I can give SC's their crap right back at them and I am allowed to be armed.

Comment

Working...
          X