This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth An Haddock View Post
    Somewhat related... I remember driving up one of the main roads in town a couple of years ago. Along the road every hundred feet or so were those big town-sized planters made of concrete they put flowers, etc. into. They're about 4 feet in diameter at the top, a little smaller towards the bottom and about 3 - 4 feet high.

There was one right in front of a favorite eatery of mine. And I say "was" because it was shattered in about twenty pieces with dirt and plants all over the sidewalk. There was a car halfway on the sidewalk that had obviously just plowed into it.
    I was sitting once at the outside seating at a cafe. There were those metal barriers around, the temporary ones that the cafes use to delineate their bit of footpath. This was in the heart of the city in a 40kph (around 25mph) zone.

As I was sitting there sipping coffee, all of a sudden my chair started to move. And keep moving. It was being pushed by one of the metal barriers, which was, in turn, being pushed by a car trying to parallel park alongside the cafe.

I may or may not have jumped up and yelled at the moron driver... and I may or may not have been polite. It's a long time ago, I am getting old and cannot remember.

Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
    X