This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some customers are so dumb

Some of my customers are so stupid, I hate to see them coming, real pure hate.

These two older type ladies are so damn stupid. They aren't elderly ladies, so it isn't a case of elderly forgetfulness or dementia. The women are just stupid.
    Everytime they come in the store they are always yelling out prices and getting confused and just acting like simpletons. ugh.

the taller dumb lady (who was way too tall to be shopping in my dept, petites) wanted to get a price check on a dress because nobody EVER seems to know what fifty percent off an item is. Well luckily for her the dress was a missed markdown and ended up being 6 dollars. that wasnt good enough for her! she had to get me to tell her what the original price of the dress was (even though it was in plain sight as she was pointing it out to me!) most people do marvel at the original price of something especially when they get a good deal but she seemed like she wanted to know for other reasons.

I went to lunch, and I covered another dept for about 45 minutes. I had no idea those two dumb bunnies were still there. lol. they were like 'oh hey!!! we were looking for you!!!!' with arm loads of dresses! So I go to ring up the dresses and they are like 'what's the price?' , while most of the dresses were clearance and still on really good deals, they were not $6. The tall lady was like 'why did you tell me these dresses were 6 dollars and now they are a different price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' I told her that I told her the dress she presented me with originally is clearance for 6 dollars and she didnt have any other dresses with her at the time. What happened was those two ladies were so stupid that just because ONE dress was that price then that meant that ALL DRESSES were that price. smh. her friend was like 'i guess i dont want my dresses now either' and they threw big piles of dresses over my return rack and left complaining the entire time and talking about how we threw away a sale.

Those ladies had dresses and gowns that were priced up in the hundreds, that weren't on ANY sale at all. and they seem to think that i am concerned with missing a sale, that i would mark dresses down from 280 to 6 dollars. smh, like I was supposed to risk getting fired and charges pressed against me for fraud or some other stupid shit behind them wanting to by damn ball gowns they couldn't even wear anyways.

the dress that was actually 6 dollars I found thrown on the floor in the dressing room. she didn't even want that.

I Know this post is rambling and nonsense, but i am on day 9 of an eleven straight days, and the last 3 of them inventory, so i am so exhausted.

I'm not so sure they're stupid. They're probably trying to wear you down so you agree with whatever price they yell at you.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

oh no they are stupid as hell. some people just look stupid in their eyes and their voices sound stupid too like baby huey.

Comment

People are that stupid, it hurts. I often ramble, don't worry about that. Some people are confused by everything, I wonder how they feed and clothe themselves? The idea of a fabric store confuses them, the take a number system confuses them, they don't understand how measuring works, they don't understand the way pricing works, coupons basically send them into a coma. I try to be understanding because buying fabric isn't something everyone does, but it hurts when someone is confused because they wanted a half yard and I sold them .5

I know the look you are talking about. Utterly vacant, I'll be explaining something, and can almost hear the crickets chirping.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I suspect that it's not stupidity. It's an act. A dress that's supposed to cost $280 and they want it for $6? And they can't even wear it?

They wanted to resell them. If they'd gotten that kind of markdown they would've made out like bandits even if they sold a $280 dress for $140.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

well if they were scamming then they tried the wrong one.... dont look for someone who has the veil of retail death behind her eyes, find a new bright eyed, eager to please associate.

Comment

Quoth minkysmom View Post
              well if they were scamming then they tried the wrong one.... dont look for someone who has the veil of retail death behind her eyes, find a new bright eyed, eager to please associate.
              Even a newbie wouldn't have the authority to mark a $280 dress down to $6. I don't know if these women are scammers, stupid or some unholy combination of both (I suspect it's the last one!) but they think they can pull a fast one now. I sure hope you have decent, vertebrate bosses who won't succumb to their idiotic demands.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I don't miss that at all. I had my share of stupid customers. Our sales ran whenever and usually had an additional % of the lowest marked price. I myself am a self-proclaimed math idjit, but even I can figure out what 50% off is. But that didn't stop people from consistently asking me the price of every frigging item in their hands!

Towards the end, I got sick of it, and would tell them "let me ring it all up, take the discount, and tell you the price of each item and you can tell me what you want, and don't want" It was easier than doing it all on a calculator, or in my head.

And there were always those who thought the "UP TO x percent off original prices" meant that it was x percent off the markdowns. nope, sorry, read the sign!

Comment

Quoth minkysmom View Post
                  dont look for someone who has the veil of retail death behind her eyes

I think I found a new quote for my sig!

Comment

Stupid people

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    I suspect that it's not stupidity. It's an act. A dress that's supposed to cost $280 and they want it for $6? And they can't even wear it?

They wanted to resell them. If they'd gotten that kind of markdown they would've made out like bandits even if they sold a $280 dress for $140.
                    I am sure there are lots of scammers out there, but boy can some people be stupid!

As a computer tech I have lost count the number of times I have told a person to click once only to hear a double click being done. I am standing right beside them, how they think I can't hear that they clicked wrong is beyond me.

Tell someone to type in their name, okay some people are slow so they have to hunt-and-peck the keyboard - BUT HOW CAN YOU TOTALLY MISSPELL YOUR OWN NAME!

Tell someone the reason their printer does not work is because it is out of paper, and get the vacant eyes back and the statement "So what do I do then?".

Bonus points if it is their own personal printer so you know they put paper it in when they first got it, double bonus points if the printer they have is the model you CLEARLY ADVISED THEY NOT TO GET, but they bought it anyway because it was $100 cheaper, it was cheaper for a good reason and it was not because it was better quality.

SOME PEOPLE ARE STUPID!!!

Comment

Earl, I don't disagree with any of that! I waste a several minutes of my life nearly every day explaining to customers the difference between a website address and an email address

Wait, make that TRYING to explain it...
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I spent a week this afternoon explaining a cutting slip to one customer. She had fabric that was normally priced at $3.99/yard, currently on sale for $1.99/yard, and bought a yard and a half. The cutting slip read,
                        XXXUPCXCODEX White Broadcloth
                        1.5 @ $1.99 = $2.99*
                        Regular Price $5.99
                        She could not understand that 1.5 yards of $1.99 fabric worked out to $2.99, and she freaked out at the "regular price $5.99" line.

I brought out the calculator, laid it in front of her and entered the figures upside down so she could see it, and she still didn't get it, even after I performed the calculation multiple times. Then she told me, "don't get upset, breathe!" Um, gee, you think I'm upset? Just because I've been forever trying to get you to comprehend math that a third-grader could understand?! And I'm probably going to get in trouble for it, too...
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                        X