This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's absurd!

Had someone at work today show up, say he wanted to buy a xbone controller, has a Power up reward card. Card on the name is *max person* (name changed) says he wants to use his store credit card. This is odd, because the computer says he does not have a store credit card. He however has already swiped something, so I assume he meant trade credit or the like. Comes up as a store credit card, but as *Brittany Someone*.
    "Sir, can I see your id?"
    "This is my girlfriend's card! I Use it here all the time."
    -Me thinking... was she with you....?-
    "Do you have her id, or could you get her?"
    "No, she's at work across the street and doesn't get off until after you close!"
    "Then I'm afraid I'll have to ask for another form of payment..."
    "This is absurd, I do this all the time! What changed?!"
    -nothing changed... if someone was letting you use someone else's card then they were breaking our very strict policy about the damn credit card-
    *shrugs* "We got a new manager? He's a bit stricter about such things" (this is stretching the truth a bit, my new manager is very laid back about most things)
    "Really, a new manager?! What happened to the old guy who used to work here?!"
    "He was transferred to a different store."
    "What's your new manager's name?!"
    "D-"
    "D-, huh?! Well I'm not going to get the controller. This is absurd"

Yeah... you not using a card that you literally have 0 evidence of being used by anyone related to you, and that would generate on paper me breaking a big heavy rule, is absurd.
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

Did his GF know he had her card in the first place??? I wonder...

Comment

As I heard it put on a judge show: That you had physical possession is not in dispute. Did you have express, specific permission to make charges on that card?

Sounds like a scammer to me
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yeah, that's all I could think was 'guy buys thing', girlfriend disputes charges, says card was stolen or whatever, and since someone else's phone number is tied to the purchase... we'd have no case against her.
        Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
        Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
        -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
          Yeah, that's all I could think was 'guy buys thing', girlfriend disputes charges, says card was stolen or whatever, and since someone else's phone number is tied to the purchase... we'd have no case against her.
          Then guy has free xbone controller (or whatever accessory in question) and retailer is SOL.

Sounds like a scam to me.

One quick way to avoid the drama . . . never, ever let anyone else use your debit and/or credit cards.

Now I will use my card to purchase the item for you . . . if you give me the cash. Otherwise forget it.

You'd be surprised how many folks will come into the grocery store using someone else's card (and I can tell this b/c usually they'll have to call the person for the PIN number.)

Not me. I have my own card, my mom has hers. We are the only ones on the bank account and therefore the only ones who are going to use our cards.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The only times I have used someone else's card was when they were standing right beside me and couldn't swipe and sign (like my wheelchair-bound grandmother who couldn't reach the counter or when my aunt did something to her dominant hand and couldn't use it), so they asked me to do it for them. Otherwise, no. Not your card, you don't get to use it. End of story.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I am thinking

Quoth Minflick View Post
              Did his GF know he had her card in the first place??? I wonder...
              I am thinking ex-girlfriend. Would not be surprise that they just broke up and he is trying to get some revenge.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                The only times I have used someone else's card was when they were standing right beside me and couldn't swipe and sign (like my wheelchair-bound grandmother who couldn't reach the counter or when my aunt did something to her dominant hand and couldn't use it), so they asked me to do it for them. Otherwise, no. Not your card, you don't get to use it. End of story.
                This, exactly. I often need to do it for my mum, who pulls the card out of her card wallet and hands it to me right in front of the cashier. Since I'm the one who wheeled her up to the counter in her wheelchair I've never had anyone query it.
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
                X