X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat gets blamed for Rotten smell

Sorry, this is kind of gross...don't read if you're eating. :\
    So I get home from work one morning and there's this horrible smell in the air that wasn't there when I'd left. I try to sniff it out to see what's making it, but no good.
    At first I thought it was my brother's cat's litter box, but it's a different still foul smell.
    Then I noticed my garbage can tipped over and it wasn't like that before! I look at kitty.

Me: kitty did you eat something from the garbage can...and now you're doing kitty farts everywhere?!?!?! Hm?!?!

Kitty: Prrrrrr? *shows speckly belly enticingly*

Me: IT'S KITTY BELLY RUBBING TIME! KITTY BELLY RUBBING TIME! OH YES! *rubs his big belly* That's what you get when--

Then my eye falls on some old groceries that I forgot to put away. I go over and sure enough, there's a packet of rotting meat inside. It was all foamy and moldy from one day sitting outside and the same smell was coming from it.

Me: Oops.

Well it did smell like rotten meat. XD I close it in a bag and threw it away.

Well, that's what kitty gets for tipping my trash can over anyway. I thot only dogs did that? XD
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

My fuzzy charmer looks me dead in the eye and tips over the kitchen garbage - almost always when I have dared to feed him the diet indoor cat food that he doesn't like. He also bites my bare foot at five in the morning if I'm not walking fast enough to feed him - this is after he wakes me up by "singing the songs of his people". Good thing I love the f@cker.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
      He also bites my bare foot at five in the morning if I'm not walking fast enough to feed him - this is after he wakes me up by "singing the songs of his people".
      Something I've read is that if a cat's servant feeds the cat first thing after they wake up, whether it's at a time of their own choosing (e.g. alarm clock) or due to the cat waking them up, their wakeup calls will keep getting earlier. The way to combat this is that the cat gets fed at a time of day chosen by the servant. If the cat wakes the servant earlier than this, it gets put in the "boring room" (room with a litter box and water bowl, but nothing else of interest to a cat) until feeding time.

Eventually the cat will learn that it will be fed on the servant's schedule. Let the servant sleep, and it has the run of the house until feeding time. Wake the servant, and it will be put in the "boring room" until feeding time. Clearly, it's better to let the servant sleep.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
      X