This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PastryGal View Post
    Back when I used to work a large Atlantic Canada convenience/gas station chain we used to have a woman who would come in regularly to use the washroom, make a jesus mess in there and then come out and complain about the state of it. We got wise to her quick and when we would see her pull up, as she parked at the pumps like an entitled bitch, someone would run to the washroom and do a quick tidy, and even if it was just done just wait in there (was one person at a time kinda washroom) and she'd be there waiting when the staff member would come out. She wouldn't be able to pull her shenanigans then. We cleaned that washroom every 30 mins, kept a timer to remind us.
    There was a fake palm tree like plant in there we'd have to hose out in the car wash every month or so and some jackasses would decide it was a urinal
    Yay! card anyone? (It's a thing where PastryGal and I live )

At the sandwich shop I used to manage near the main street of bars here in my lovely city I gave up trying to keep up with replacing mirrors, soap dispensers, and loo roll holders because of the overnight customers - usually coming in from the nearby street of bars at closing time. We'd get written up on a monthly basis for these items being ripped off the walls, but the expense was really getting to us. And during my time there Head Office refused to allow us to lock the doors and just hand out keys when people needed the bathroom...not that this would have helped much.

Entitled bitches happen anywhere and everywhere. I remember when I worked at a particular seedy location of a large convenience store chain here where one guy started dropping trou in the middle of the chip aisle because I wouldn't let him use our bathroom - we didn't have a public bathroom, and the staff bathroom was in the very back and you'd have to go through our storage area to get there. I threatened to pelt him with touton dough if he continued -_-

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
      YAt the sandwich shop I used to manage near the main street of bars here in my lovely city I gave up trying to keep up with replacing mirrors, soap dispensers, and loo roll holders because of the overnight customers - usually coming in from the nearby street of bars at closing time. We'd get written up on a monthly basis for these items being ripped off the walls, but the expense was really getting to us. And during my time there Head Office refused to allow us to lock the doors and just hand out keys when people needed the bathroom...not that this would have helped much.
      WTF? You get written up for something the (non)customers did, and which you were explicitly forbidden to take action to prevent? What was Head-up-ass Office smoking, and did they bring enough to share?

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
      one guy started dropping trou in the middle of the chip aisle because I wouldn't let him use our bathroom - we didn't have a public bathroom, and the staff bathroom was in the very back and you'd have to go through our storage area to get there. I threatened to pelt him with touton dough if he continued -_-
      Is that what you use when wonton wrappers aren't enough?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Another restroom thing at my work. Some of the cashiers were putting extra rolls of TP and paper towels in there. In spite of the fact that our store has some of the worst toilet paper around in any public restroom people were still stealing it.
        Seriously. The only place I know of nearby that has worse TP in their restrooms is Walmart, and they still steal it.
        Amazing.

Comment

Another Ambrose Bierce fan?

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
          Getting shit on the walls should be a terminable offense. And by that, I mean the phrase "Praiseworthy Homicide" should apply.
          You are probably one of the first people I've heard/seen who also uses that term. I got it from the "Devil's Dictionary" by Ambrose Bierce, who said that there were four types of homicide: premeditated, involuntary, justifiable, and praiseworthy.

He also defined "neighbor" as "someone whom Jesus told us to love as ourselves, and does everything in his power to make us disobedient."
          Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

Comment

I know I've mentioned this on here before, but when my library went through a remodel a few years ago, the restroom in the children's area was removed......one reason being that the toilet was constantly getting clogged up with paper towels.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
              on the 4th day, the toilet got broken in half.
              I'm beginning to think that stores should install stainless steel fixtures. And if customers complain that it "looks like a prison", tell them exactly why.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I'm beginning to think that stores should install stainless steel fixtures.
                With befoulment detectors that will seal the door and invoke an autocleaning autoclave cycle. Steam those nasty crusturchins right in their shells, bless their hearts.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  With befoulment detectors that will seal the door and invoke an autocleaning autoclave cycle. Steam those nasty crusturchins right in their shells, bless their hearts.
                  Have I told you lately that I love you?

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                    Have I told you lately that I love you?
                    Here's your sogn:
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I've noticed that when there's a constant line for the bathroom, it doesn't seem to get trashed as much. Why? Well, our store was built in the mid 70s, when apparently less people used public bathrooms. So there is one unisex public bathroom. When the door opens, anyone in line can see all of the bathroom. If there is a line of people and one person leaves it trashed, everyone will know that person did it. I know, it's not like it would stop some of these SCs, but I think it does deter a certain amount of people.

It's the slow days, when someone can go in and leisurely take all the time they want that it really gets trashed. Because they know they can sneak out.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
                      X