Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always answer calls from work ( as long as I hear my phone - it's usually in another room so I don't always), but I only agree to cover 60% of the time.
    However, because I'm firm/honest about when I can or can't cover, and am a hard worker, my managers don't call me in for too many last minute crappy shifts, and they generally give me time off when I want even at very short notice.

But, I've noticed that actually I seem to get a lot more leeway/credit from my managers than a couple of my co-workers do, so maybe I just got lucky!

Comment

Quoth Terza View Post
      But, I've noticed that actually I seem to get a lot more leeway/credit from my managers than a couple of my co-workers do, so maybe I just got lucky!
      Or you've EARNED it by being a hard and reliable worker.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
        the Imperial March from star wars
        My boyfriend uses the Muppets theme
        Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
          My boyfriend uses the Muppets theme

...as the ringtone for when you're calling him?
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
            My phone is set up exactly like this. All the managers have my personal cell # but they all have a ringtone specifically for them.

the Imperial March from star wars
            That's what I had for the wholesale club's line when I worked there.

Alas, due to the nature of The Client where I work now, I can't really use a particular ringtone for their calls, or I'd do the same.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My boss's ring tone is the theme to "Mission Impossible." For the store and my employees, I choose to use "If I only had a brain" from the Wizard of Oz.

I have also given my employees the qualifications for an emergency

1. Is it on fire?--NO, do not call the manager

2. Is it flooding? NO, Do not call the manager

3. Has there been a bombing? NO, Do NOT call the manager

4. Is there blood? NO, Do NOT call the manager

5. Are there bullets in the air? NO, DO NOT CALL THE MANAGER

**low fuel alarms--call dispatch**
              **cooler breaks down, call DM who will call for service**
              **register problems--call tech support**
              **too sick to work...call everyone else BEFORE calling the manager...she will relieve you when she can...until then...there are customers that need to be waited on**

(YES--I am a b&tch...I have covered 2 over night shifts in 5 years...because the employee was in the Emergency room)

Comment

Quoth carryonnow View Post
                My boss's ring tone is the theme to "Mission Impossible." For the store and my employees, I choose to use "If I only had a brain" from the Wizard of Oz.
                Brilliant! For a long time when I had a boss who called from one specific number I had the theme from the Godfather. I have a terrible time choosing ringtones. I've had so many, from Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, to the opening of Shadowgate, to Faulty Towers.

Honestly nowadays I screen my calls unless it's a number which I have saved, like "Mom." Even if I recognize it as my work, I let it go to voice mail unless I'm prepared to go to work Right Now.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I never take calls from work, and I absolutely will not call them back if they just leave a message saying "I need to talk to you, call me back." Yeah I gathered you wanted to talk to me when I saw your number on the caller ID. I want to know why. Don't like that? This is my time. Deal with it.

Comment

Quoth PastryGal View Post
                    Sgt. Schultz? Is that the "I know NOTHING" guy from Hogan's Heros?? I'm too young to know that show really but I watched a lot of it one summer on TV Land. Good show.
                    Yep...Never seen Hogan's Heroes myself, but I know who he is.

If I'd have read this thread several years ago I'd have had no clue who that was, but since I've been watching NCIS & hearing DiNutso (Fornell's pronunciation) do an impression of him
                    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Working...
                    X