Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll admit to having left my wallet with my drivers license on the plane once, discovered it at the baggage claim and was allowed back through security with a specific form that detailed exactly who I was claiming to be and where i was going. Once I got to the gate I had to go into detail about what was in my wallet and where it was before they'd give it back. On my way back to baggage claim I had show everything to security in order to exit.

Now I carry my passport card along with a credit card in front pocket and drivers license/wallet in my carry-on in a secure pocket once past security. Slight hassle to shuffle stuff but I'm not sure they'd accept my PADI dive card as proof of ID (although it did work for getting me into a CLEP exam once) if i ever have to get back past security. I can't use passport card for flying into another country but it's a nice backup ID for everything else or walking into Canada.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      SnD: One thing to look into could be a Passport Card. They're a good bit cheaper than a formal passport, and are accepted for limited international travel for a few nearby countries. This may be less of a hassle than a full-fledged Passport (unsure if you need a current "real" PP to get it, though). Maybe those work for domestic flights, as they count as Federally-issued ID.
      You don't have to get a full passport to get a passport card, but the process is the same. I'd looked into getting just the cards last time I got passports for me and the kids, but the only difference was price. I wound up getting both for everybody.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
      X