This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter White Wants His Gun Back

I know I'm in the Federal Penitentiary, but I want my gun back.

Yes, this guy is named Walter White.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

actually, in this case, he's got a point. None of the property he is asking to be returned was actually legally forfeited to the cops, so he IS actually entitled to it back. ( indeed, if you read the article, the only objection the prosecution have is that some of the items were seized by state police, not federal. The items that WERE seized by the feds will actually be returned.)

it IS amusing through, especially since he was a) a meth trafficker and b) there is a facial resemblance

Comment

Truth is truly stranger than fiction.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Some of the property confiscated during the raid do need to be returned to him. Even the gun needs to be. (He might not be able to keep the gun because of his record, but he does have the right to get it back to sell).
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
          Some of the property confiscated during the raid do need to be returned to him. Even the gun needs to be. (He might not be able to keep the gun because of his record, but he does have the right to get it back to sell).
          actually, ALL of it DOES need to be returned- or at least, all of the items he is asking for back- because the federal government never got forfieture on those items. ( if the government never applies for forfieture, then the items MUST be returned within a certain amount of time. Technically it even extends to if any drugs were found, but I highyl doubt it would ever come up.)

Comment

Ah, Yes I do see your point there. I do think that any property that was used "in the commission of a crime" can be seized for evidence and such (like if he shot someone, then they would keep the weapon for ballistic evidence). BUT, that is not the case here.

Comment

you're thinking of forfeiture. Seizure is far easier- that's when it's taken temporarily prior to filing a case for forfeiture. Since thye never filed for forfeiture on these items, the actual reason why it was seized is irrelevant.

Comment

Ah, thank you. I always mix up my legalism.

Comment

Working...
                X