This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Almost Ruins Giveaway

My grandmother's house finally sold. Since my grandmother has no need for the furniture, my mom and aunt decided to give the furniture they and their uncle didn't take away to the community. They ended up giving it to a couple of families in need and an orphanage.

That almost didn't happen. A woman came up to my aunt and asked about the furniture. Auntie asked what she was going to do with it. This woman was planning to stuff all of it in a storage unit. My aunt told her that it was already spoken for. (No, it wasn't.). These people in need almost didn't get their furniture because of the selfishness of this woman.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Right, because there's nothing better than a well-furnished storage unit...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Either she was planning to use the furniture at a later, unspecified date, or she lost her own home and was living out of the storage unit.

That's about the only possible explanations I can think of.

Comment

We're any of the furniture pieces particularly old and in good condition? She might have wanted to store them until she sold them off?
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Yeah, my first thought was reseller. I had downsized (aka, had no money) a few years ago and had been storing a bunch of furniture in the garage until a friend of a friend's house burned down. Gave them most of it. We had been thinking of trying to sell some of it, but glad we hadn't. The people we gave it to had saved nothing from their house, except their dogs.

PS, you guys sometimes I think I'm going to die in a fire trying to save my cat.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

My first thought was a reseller as well. Get something free and then sell it for money. Who cares about people who really need that stuff as long as she has a few more dollars in her pocket.

That's really why I gave up listing stuff on freecycle. People would get it free and then next week I'd see a listing on Craigslist. Too bad, I thought that would be a good way to help people.

We live close to the spot where all those firefighters died. Wild fires are a big danger here. Our plans for if we see flames on the mountain are to grab the cats and stuff them into their carriers and toss them into the truck. If we have time, we will grab our tech toys and some books and clothes and then bug out. (our BO bags live in the truck.) The heck with our home and our harleys, all we want are our cats and our lives.

Comment

Working...
            X