This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because I have nothing better to do than wait only to ring you up

I don't know who this guy thinks he is, but he does this every time. I walked in to a mess in cafe and left the dining room be since I had customers. I dealt with they for a solid hour, as well as trying to stock food. I finally went out to the dining to clean and got to a place around the corner where I can't see the register. I did hear the cooler door slam so I was about to look to see if the person wanted to pay with me or up front when Mr. Rude suddenly bounced up and immediately shouted in my general direction "Can I pay for this NOW please?" The please was not genuine; he had a sneer. I was polite, even disgustingly cheerful because I'm better than that.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I'm sorry sir. Was that 3 seconds you had to wait your LAST 3 seconds?
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      I'm sorry sir. Was that 3 seconds you had to wait your LAST 3 seconds?
      Do you want them to be?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Come to think of it, it really was about 3 seconds.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yes, but in Customer Standard Time it was FIVE HOURS
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Come to think of it, it really was about 3 seconds.
            I'm rolling my eyes on your behalf. I get this a lot; even more since they took away our bell. I hated the bell, but it was better than nothing. Now if it's slow I clean up an aisle where I can see the cutting counter. Some people look around and see me. Yay! Some just look sad and lost. Some, like the guy in the OP, immediately get pissed. It's like, I'll get in trouble if I'm just standing doing nothing, this won't change even if they complain. Sometimes I'll dust/clean the shelves behind the counter, though people give me weird looks because I guess they think I'm just sitting?
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I know some folks figure you must be sitting on your bum if they can't see you...
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
              X