This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Circus

Over the weekend, I went to the well-known circus that is known for elephants and the guy who said "There's a sucker born every minute". Their tagline is something along the lines of "The most spectacular show on the planet".

Anyway, I've gone the last few years, because my kiddo earned a circus ticket through a summer program at our library.

It's gotten progressively more boring to me each time. The first one was pretty good, probably since I'd never been before, and they were "celebrating" a clown who had been with them 20 years or something. But the three following years, it's been getting progressively worse.

Though the lady sitting next to my wife seemed to really enjoy it. She clapped at almost everything. This was a Sunday Morning 10:30 performance, and the crowd was FLAT, for the most part.

I don't really think I was entertained by anything. I think my kiddo was entertained by the motorcycles riding around in the steel globe thing, but that was probably about it.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Quoth mjr View Post
    It's gotten progressively more boring to me each time. The first one was pretty good, probably since I'd never been before, and they were "celebrating" a clown who had been with them 20 years or something.
    I haven't been to the circus in years. Mostly because I've seen most of the acts before...and they don't seem to be developing any new ones. Little kids might not care that it's a "rerun" but adults sure do
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      I haven't been to the circus in years. Mostly because I've seen most of the acts before...and they don't seem to be developing any new ones. Little kids might not care that it's a "rerun" but adults sure do
      You're not really missing anything. As you said, it's basically the same stuff year after year. I'm actually surprised this particular circus has lasted as long as it has, given that the format barely changes year to year, even though they may have a new "theme".
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Well, all those suckers keep getting born ^_^ Why change things up if they can just keep recycling old acts and people will show up anyway?
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X