X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 tales: A WTF???? and a dumbass

Tale #1 from tonight

My last delivery of the night.

The customer notes on their internet order to KNOCK softly as to not wake their baby

The customer then calls the store to plainly and definitely reiterate said instructions.

OK this is about 12:45am so this is not really a problem

I arrive at the address to find:

Literally: A WILD DRUNKEN PARTY IN FULL SWING complete with LOUD music, people yelling and screaming, people dancing around, and people singing at the top of their lungs. I could hear the noise from the driveway.

I was sorely tempted to lay on the doorbell but didn't.

WTF???????? you have a full blown party and you really think your baby is asleep

Yeah I got stiffed to end an already bad Welfare Week night.

Tale #2 from last night

customer places an internet order. No real big deal.

The driver is dispatched and proceeds to the given address.

when the driver arrives at the location, he finds the address does not exist. The address given is 826 X St. There is an 822 X St. and an 824 X St. but the address ranges ends there.

Driver attempts to call the customer.

Wait for it...............

NON WORKING phone number.

Driver returns to the store with the order.

A while later the "customer" calls wondering where their order is. The situation is explained (remember this is an internet order where THEY gave us really bad information) and the customer goes ape-shit. (like they expect us to KNOW a bad address AND inactive phone number and deal with the situation with out a blink of an eye).

It turns out the address is 326 X St.

NOW customer DEMANDS FREE SHIT (yeah we all know how that works minor complaint and a situation that we DID NOT CREATE and free shit out the door) MOD gives them the order for free.

They then call back shortly thereafter DEMANDING MORE FREE SHIT for their "inconvience".

AGAIN WTF?????? you caused the situation and have the gall to want lotta FREE SHIT??????
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 08-04-2015, 07:55 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Please tell us the idiot who didn't even know his damn address got no freebies!

Comment

With MOD's that just give away free stuff like that, is it any wonder that people don't put the wrong info on purpose?

Comment

Not so loud, GOInsanity. Some SC might not have thought of that yet. They have enough ideas of their own without our help.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Unfortunately GOin, that isn't new. Has been going on since the 70s and possibly earlier. Sending orders to janitor closets in a college dorm for instance........ (my dad told me about that)
          I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

But but... Internet order! You'd think (haha) that having actual proof that it was the customer who gave the wrong info would be a great way to prevent this kind of stupidness. Bah, I hate everyone.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              But but... Internet order! You'd think (haha) that having actual proof that it was the customer who gave the wrong info would be a great way to prevent this kind of stupidness. Bah, I hate everyone.
              Nah. A lot of people use our online system to place their ads. I can't even count the number of times someone has called and said, "YOU put the wrong year for my car in my ad! YOU put the wrong phone number in!" Etc., etc....NO, dummy, we didn't! You typed the wrong info on there yourself!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                Please tell us the idiot who didn't even know his damn address got no freebies!
                Sorry I forgot to put that in my OP

the MOD GAVE the customer the order for free. and yes you did read correctly they DEMANDED more free shit.

and one wonders why I have not gotten a raise for 5 years

OH and let us not forget all of the insane low low low price cheap crap of the month promotions that my pizza company continuously runs.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                  You'd think (haha) that having actual proof that it was the customer who gave the wrong info would be a great way to prevent this kind of stupidness.
                  Once upon a time, when I was about eight years old, I had a handheld cassette tape recorder. I recorded a conversation with my grandma and my mom in which Grandma said some weird stuff. Upon playing the tape back to her a couple days later, she vehemently denied saying any of those things, even though she did agree that the voice was hers.

That's when Dad started using this phrase in reference to several members of our extended family: "I've already made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts!"
                  I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                  - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                  - IPF

Comment

Working...
                  X