This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking across the lot on my way in to work

Just coming in to work. I live just a stones throw away from the convenience store I work at so walking is an option. Anyway I am walking across the lot... hat on... obviously just crossed the street... and some guy at the pump asks me what is wrong with the pump he's on.
    I didn't even slow down. I just said "I don't know I just got here."

People will ask me questions right as I'm clocking in, but not like "where's this item?" Oh, no, that would be too easy... They will start a conversation in the middle. "So I couldn't find it, I found something else, do you think this will work?" Uh, lady I have NO IDEA what you're talking about.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Coming back from lunch today, not yet on the clock, some guy stops me to help him find .....

I'm not sure. He doesn't speak English very well. The bottle he is holding LOOKS like nasal spray, but it also could be eye drops or ear drops (the bottles are similar in size). The thing is, the name of the product and the manufacturer and EVEN the instructions were rubbed completely OFF! He doesn't speak English well enough to tell me what it is used for, I don't speak his language. I don't know, kinda shrug, and generally point in the direction of eye/ear drops and nasal spray. Then I hightail it to the break room ;-)

When I came back on the floor, he had found "something". I have no idea if it was what he was looking for, but jeez. If you want a particular product and you don't speak the language, either save the bottle/instructions/etc., have someone tell you how to pronounce it, write it down, or SOMETHING!

Oh, and please ask someone who is clearly working ... not someone who is out of uniform, but has the "retail death stare" in their eyes. Mkay?

Comment

That's one thing I like about fall/winter...you'll be wearing a coat that will cover up your uniform, and can go incognito before signing in.

Comment

Monterey_Jack, that probably works for most people here. In my case? No. I work in too small a store, in too small a town, and too often, to go incognito, unfortunately. To add to the thread, just recently I had a woman ask me for a 20lb bag of ice before I was even clocked in. Really? It's outside. Wait for my coworker to take you out there with the key!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Not me, but my coworker J. J pulls into parking lot which is empty except for one other car. J gets out of her car and walks to door. Customer in the other car (DB for DingBat) walks behind J, waits patiently as she watches J take the key out of her pocket and unlocks door, then follows J in. They get literally about 5 steps into the building and DB pops out with " Do you have any coffee made yet?".

Comment

Working...
            X