Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Together Now: Failure to Plan On Your Part...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    "Well, they'll just have to hold the flight and wait for me! After all, why wouldn't they...?? It's me!! Especially when I planned this far ahead like I did with the taxi!"
    Why do I find that so easy to believe?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      The wait time is so bad I find if I have a morning flight that it make sense to come the previous night (11-12 PM) and spend the night working on my computer.
      I tried this leaving Boston last year, and apparently they ... close security. I got there at 3am for a 6am flight and security didn't open until 4 or 5. I was confused. And sleepy.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        To me, I don't even care if there's a Credit Cookie at the end...I've always insisted on watching a movie's credits to the end, and tell that to whoever I go to the movies with ("I'll catch up to you in the lobby" as they shuffle out). A movie doesn't feel "complete" to me unless I watch the credits. Plus, sometimes there's nice music to listen to.
        I have friends who are like that. Me, I'll leave with everyone else unless someone asks me to stay. If there's bonus footage at the end of the credits, I'm sure that I'll see it pop up on YouTube sometime later.

And as for being in a hurry, well, if you're in such a hurry to go somewhere, why stop here and take your sweet time browsing the store, or better yet, why don't you just go there instead of coming here to shop?
        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
          I tried this leaving Boston last year, and apparently they ... close security. I got there at 3am for a 6am flight and security didn't open until 4 or 5. I was confused. And sleepy.
          I was once on a flight to Boston from Freddy (back when United did that flight; it got cancelled a year later). The flight landed before Customs/Security even opened. So we had to sit at the gate (on the plane) for 30minutes or so while they got things sorted out.

My local airports, arriving an hour before is about all you need to do. But they usually only have 1 or 2 flights active at a time and only a few hundred folk to process.

I do remember once we were leaving Vegas (going to Toronto so the International Terminal) on the morning flight. We got there before the terminal even opened and had to wait until then to checkin and stuff. (In fact more than once we've arrived at the airport so early the checkin counters are not even open)

We usually when travelling try to make sure we have a few hours buffer before the flight, just in case.

Comment

What I'm wondering is, since this would appear to be her flight to go home, what time did she leave home to catch her flight to Denver?

And I totally agree about getting to the airport way early rather than take a chance with being late. I'm on a Disney trip planning message board, and at Disney World they offer free transportation between the airport and the onsite hotels, and what drives me nuts is how many people complain about the fact that the bus picks them up at their resort 3 hours before their flight. Especially since it's generally recommended to get to the airport 2 hours before your flight, I don't think leaving for the airport 3 hours ahead of time is unreasonable at all - hell, that's when I leave home for my outgoing flight.

Comment

I would much, much rather get somewhere early than late...up to a point. I hate getting to movies late. I know the previews can be a pain but that's better than missing the beginning of the movie (not to mention if you get there before the lights go down you can see where you're going )

But then there was my cousin's wedding back in the 90's. It was going to be in Canada and my dad's family was all, "You have to leave EARLY to beat the traffic going to the bingo place!" The bingo place was a Very Big Deal on both sides of the border. They all insisted it was going to take 2 hours to cross the bridge. So we left at like, 10 AM or something, for a 3:00 pm wedding.

So of course: Zero traffic on the bridge and all the way to my cousin's house. Trying to kill 4 or 5 hours before a wedding, especially with people you don't know very well, is incredibly awkward.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                I can't believe how many people leave when the credits roll. My friend and I are often the only people in the seats when the little extras roll out at the end of the movie.
                I also stay to the end of the credits, otherwise I would have missed this classic scene.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

IMHO, the lady who needed to be on the plane in 20 mins was likely one of those jag-offs that considered 9/11 to be a mere inconvenience rather than a national fucking tragedy

in other words, 9/11 didn't directly affect HER so why should SHE give a flying fuck
                  "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

OP here. I think this lady was more ignorant / stupid than sucky. She was really concerned about missing her flight. EWs don't usually panic about being delayed, they have a smug satisfaction that everyone will wait for them. I also may have misheard her when she said what time her flight left, the lobby was busy (and noisy) at the time.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                    X