This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking about moving.....

*Not particularly in need of advice on this just yet, but if anyone’s been in a similar situation, suggestions/opinions are always appreciated *

To make it short – my brother and his wife are tentatively planning to move up to Flagstaff in about three years, Mom would go with them, and I may join them as well. (although I would have a condo, not share their house)
    This is definitely something to think about, and I’ve come up with a list of pros and cons as far as potentially relocating:

Pros: I’m really NOT big on the summer weather in Phoenix, and miss the seasons actually changing. Less pollution could mean my asthma would improve. Because many family members no longer live in Phoenix, I don’t have the family ties to stay here.

Cons: I can’t/don’t drive, and not sure how well Flagstaff’s bus system would work for me. I’m also not sure how well I would do with finding a job up there……..have heard it’s not that great unless you work in certain industries.

Three years seems like plenty of time to get things sorted out.
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

True.......and it's hard to say what the situation will be within a few years.....the said family members may decide Flagstaff isn't where they want to relocate.

For now, it's just brought back memories of how things were with moving from a small town down here to Phoenix, and how it was a big adjustment. Going from Phoenix to Flagstaff would in some ways be a reversal of that, so that's something to think about.

Comment

Working...
      X