This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooo, phishing email for paypal

So, got one that looked exactly like a PayPal email. Flawless grammar, design and graphics were perfect. Didn't try to be clever, used my name, mentioned a believable program, had a believable premise, with no obvious CLICK ME buttons. Absolutely nothing to arouse suspicion.

Only problem, it congratulated me on making a purchase, something I haven't done in 10 months. Made me worried, but not suspicious. Assumed someone may have gotten into my account.

So, used google to get to paypal, logged in, checked my activity (empty of course). Sent the email to paypal's spoof email out of paranoia (not suspicion), and called as well.

Confirmed no activity since last october, confirmed no record of contact, and, confirmed email was fake.

So, heads up, someone made a damn good phishing email for paypal. I'm guessing, that the goal was likely to make me wonder about the purchase without making me think that was the main point, with what looked exactly like an authentic paypal email that wasn't even ABOUT the purchase or anything, and so I click a link to go log in, not because they told me to, but because of my own worries.

Really clever, brilliant baiting.

Oh, sorry, but I've used everyone else's allotment of commas, God, I hate typing on tablets. XD
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

I got an email that looked like it came from the bank. It looked authentic until I looked at the email address. I sent it to their fraud email. They are getting better.

Thank you for your thread. We need to be aware of these dirt bags.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
    X