This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding reception music...

I was thinking about this last night. Not sure why.

I wonder if "All About that Bass" (or, as I call it, "The Megan Trainor Booty Song", and my wife and son refer to as "One of the worst songs ever written") is ever played at wedding receptions...

Along with "Gangnam Style" and maybe some sort of Miley Cyrus twerking song.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Quoth mjr View Post

I wonder if "All About that Bass" (or, as I call it, "The Megan Trainor Booty Song", and my wife and son refer to as "One of the worst songs ever written") is ever played at wedding receptions...

Along with "Gangnam Style" and maybe some sort of Miley Cyrus twerking crap.
    Fixed that for ya

Don't forget the Hokey Pokey and the Macarena. Eww.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've heard worse. A few years ago, I went to a friend of mine from high school's wedding. It was the worst wedding I've ever been to. They had a live band that played, amongst other things, 'Turkey in the Straw' and 'What'll I Do'.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

Along with "Gangnam Style" and maybe some sort of Miley Cyrus twerking song.
        I guarantee you they all are. While I have not personally seen it happen, as a former wedding DJ, I know that if it's at all popular, it will get played at receptions. Not simply because the DJ will play it, but because people will want the DJ to play it. It's just the nature of the game with popular music.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          I've heard worse. A few years ago, I went to a friend of mine from high school's wedding. It was the worst wedding I've ever been to. They had a live band that played, amongst other things, 'Turkey in the Straw' and 'What'll I Do'.
          Ha ha ha...

My wife also hates "The Chicken Dance".
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Try finding a wedding reception in rural WI without YMCA and the chicken dance, lol.

Comment

True story, I swear:

A friend is got married (about 10 years ago now?), and to keep everything inexpensive, intimate and still memorable, it happened at the farm of a friend of his family. Costs were kept low. Music for wedding was picked by the couple and loaded into a playlist on another friend's brand spanking new iPod, which were still pretty new for the time. So new that the friend would take time to show other guests at the wedding what the thing was, how it worked, etc. (I live in the far north of Canada, technology sometimes takes a while to get here). Wedding begins, signal is given, 'play' is pushed...

... and this is the song that starts playing.

Needless to say, it wasn't the actual choice of the couple. Someone reset the list by accident and it was the first song loaded into the iPod. Laughs were had, music reset, rest of wedding went off smoothly.

(except that the bride and groom got heatstroke while waiting for photographer later... but other than that, OK)
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Again, I can think of worse. XD At another friend's wedding, they entered the reception to that 'Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy' song. And it was intentional. Funnily enough, both weddings were at the same venue.

...why, yes, I did grow up in a very cowboy/hick city.
                Last edited by firecat88; 08-20-2015, 05:08 AM.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

My wife also hates "The Chicken Dance".
                  We had family friends where he could not dance. So they did the chicken dance as their first dance.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post

I wonder if "All About that Bass" is ever played at wedding receptions...
                    Yes, it is. That was the wedding party dance song at my wedding.
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                    X