Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family of a friend had a farm near Omak. Had being the operative word. House was saved, but they lost all their other structures. They didn't have time to evac the animals, so they set them loose and let them try to make it on their own.

I have a CW who is in the Nat'l Guard who was dispatched to Colville and is working there. I posted earlier about how the community is doing laundry for the firefighters there.

My BFF in Pullman and her friends have been petitioning to try and get some classes cancelled because the smoke is so thick, walking around WASU's campus is detrimental to health right now.

Here on the west side of the state, the smoke at least isn't too bad...the wind generally blows the haze away from us, though there have been times when the wind shifts and then it starts looking a lot like Silent Hill around here. At least we're finally getting some rain.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Yick. Denver and the other Front Range cities deal with that most years, what with our mountains being so close and winds often blowing from the west. Try using a humidifier, it helps trap particulate in the air. A small ionic air purifier can really help too. If you can't do either of those, try wet towels over the vents, and change out your central air filter if you have access to that. Wear a mask if you have to go outside and you're sensitive to smoke.

If you're having sinus problems, get one of those sinus rinse squeeze bottles and use that, it helps a LOT to get all the crap out of you. Just be sure to use water that's been boiled at some point so you aren't injecting microbes into your sinuses (either boil it yourself and let it cool or use distilled water), use lukewarm water (not hot, not cold) and DON'T forget put the mix that comes with it in before you use it (or it'll burn like the devils anus).
      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 09-06-2015, 04:00 PM.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
      X