This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
    Minion, I was always told by hotels that the government rate was for military traveling under orders; if you didn't have active orders taking you away from your home station, you weren't getting that sweet rate. Is it different now? I've never asked because of what I was told years ago.
    I don't know about other hotels, but over here, we only accept govt ID. No papers, nothing else. I've seen it many times: it has the name, date, branch of the govt, and picture. That's all. If it's expired, we accept them. Such as my manager said. Business, personal...if you have the G. ID, you get the govt rate.
    Since we're so close to DC, the govt rate is usually higher than the regular rate. At least that's why my manager told me it was. But for some reason it was lower--ten bucks lower. For ten bucks this dumb dude was whining. Ten dollars gets a happy meal here. Geez.

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
    You should have told him that playing Call Of Duty on the Xbox does not mean hat he was in the Army.
    LMAO! I don't know if he was really in the army. He tried to say "lookit my hair, only army has this hair!" It wasn't even really short. Heaven help us if we're using haircuts as proof, anyway.

I suppose that I could've given him the TEN DOLLAR discount if I really wanted to. (And risk getting into trouble) But I didn't, I reserve that for non cursing nice polite people
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      That's one of the smartest purposes for a tattoo I've ever heard of.
      I have the more traditional form, one on my left ribcage and one on my right ankle fairly low - the boots tend to protect that part from IEDs. <shrug> At least the guys tend to hope at least something will be identifiable for burial.

And a less savory facet. The first tag is a toe tag, the second is placed between the front teeth top and bottom edge on and the jaw slammed up to lock the tag in - corpse identification. If the body has to be buried onsite, the mouth tag is driven in and the toe tag one used as a grave marker by nailing it to a tree or stake at the gravesite. Some countries use a single tag that is designed to be worried apart into two tags, to be used like the US tags.

Yay knowing too many yeomans and storekeepers [they order the body bags and arrange corpse exfils.]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

A crew cut is military ID? I know a few elementary school veterans.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
          If we go on that logic, my local hairdressers is a recruiting station, it offers crew cuts for $10

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
            Flip side I had a bar door man give me crap over my mil ID back in the day. It was one of the newer ones with the chip and stuff. He claimed he was seeing fakes, sure the local high school kids are doing it.
            So I got out my "valid w/o photo" DL. how do you like me now?
            Clue the hemming and hawing,,, how did you get that....yea kind of hard to get to a photo center when I'm floating in the Persian fucking Gulf, are you going to let me in or do I need to tell the paper that your anti-mil?
            The bartender used to be there awesome and even though I was only there 3-4 times a year when I was home on leave. He remembered me and had a cigar cutter & NTN trivia pad ready when I sat down when ever I came in. He took care of the door guy.

(real luff is I got in once at 19 with a mil ID right after I joined, she just looked at it and shrugged)
            AkaiKitsune
            Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
            X