Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Is Disturbing (Warning Graphic Imagery Implied)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Zellie Crescent View Post
    There's a nearby deli that I walk to every weekend a local artist did a picture of a police officer and a firefighter standing where the twin towers were, so it showed the city with them as the towers. On the bottom it said "These are the real twin towers of New York".
    That is really beautiful. It's actually making me cry.

I missed so much of the media coverage because I wasn't consuming media at the time. I was working 2 jobs and gone 14 hours a day. I didn't have but 2 TV channels and no time to watch them. I spent all my time working and travelling by bus. So I feel I missed the whole thing, really. I also missed the whole OJ trial for the same reasons. I was busy trying to survive.
    Last edited by Food Lady; 09-01-2015, 02:47 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Lordlundar,

ok, so what you're saying is that because it wasn't a family member/beloved friend of yours that it's ok for someone to take a picture of their guts splattered all over the sidewalk in living color after jumping 50+ floors? But, hey, it's all part of the tragic event as it's happening so to hell with people's feelings???

No, I'm not saying we need to sterilize everything, but Jesus, maybe take a second & think about how their loved ones would feel, trust me, they feel the loss enough every single day without people plastering pictures of their dead bodies splattered on the sidewalk.

Like I said in the OP, I have NO problem with the folks who recorded the plane strikes or the burning towers OR the collapse of said towers. But to take pictures of bodies/body parts littering the sidewalk, that's where I draw the line. Not because of the ugliness of it, but because if one of those people had been my friend/loved one, I would hope someone would be thoughtful enough of my feelings to NOT take pictures of it & then plaster it all over the 'net. It's called COMPASSION

Food Lady, don't feel bad, I slept through 9/11 also, it was my day off & my dad called from work to let me know what was going on. By the time I got up & turned the t.v on, it was pretty much over

excuse me now, apparently I must go see a shrink, about what I have no clue
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

I recall seeing an editorial cartoon shortly after 9/11. A bunch of firefighters are standing in front of the Pearly Gates, and one is saying into a walkie-talkie "We have reached the top".

One movie they can't edit the towers out of is Escape from New York - a number of key scenes take place at the towers.

I've heard that one bookstore put a Ouiji board beside their display of LOTR books, with instructions that anyone with complaints about the name of the second book should use it to send a message to the author.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

honestly, I think it was stupid that the towers were edited out of anything, it's like people don't want to acknowledge they even existed & I think that disgraces the memory of those who died that day more than anything
          "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Cornelia, I agree.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
              Jesus! so some folks at your office heard the plane come in? I'd be downing Xanax by the handful if that'd been me.
              I should have worded that better. My coworker was trying to reach them, but got held up by their automated system. That's when the phone went out. No noise, just silence. But, their employees at the exchange weren't as lucky--they did hear things

He saw these guys at the library daily for MONTHS, he said after 9/11 they just *poof* were gone.
              I heard something similar about a local gas station. Rumors had it that one of the Gulf stations was supposedly used to funnel money overseas. No idea if that's true. But, what I do know...is that it closed the day *after* 9/11. Very odd, considering it was always busy...and then it was suddenly gone.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
              X