This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been building for a while, long and some language

Herein lie several tales that have been building over the past month or so, just havnt had a chance to post them as I have been kind of lazy. A mix of sucks customers, and just plain dumb ones. This gonna be a long post as it is tales from quite a while

As I have mentioned before, I work tech support for a cable company, so here are the people I get to deal with.

Tale the first and second
    Luckily did not have any phone interaction with these 2 like I normally do with customers, these came in an email to our company on the "email us for help" section of our website, this is pretty much copypasta from what was sent to us:

Quoth the SC1: "Regarding my most recent "you have gone over your 300 GB quota" statement from you. I never authorized that you upgrade me from 15 mbs to 50 mbs in the first place. Your tempting me to delete my 800 gb steam library and re-download it over and over just to see how much I really can use. Your not the only internet provider in this town. My response to you is "SUCK IT". "

Quoth the SC2: "I am so god damn fed up with your SHIT ass fucking internet. SICK OF ALL THE FUCKING COMMERCIALS ABOUT COMMON SENSE AND CABLEONE. You know what is common sense? NOT FUCKING USING CABLEONE FOR A GOD DAMN THING. Not only did you take away some of my families favorite channels to avoid "costs" but then... THEN YOU FUCKING RAISED MY GOD DAMN BILL ANYWAY. I pay extra fucking money for the "faster" internet and I am CONSTANTLY on the god damn phone with your retarded "tech support" who only ever know to ask if we reset our router. Yes.. we did. Several times. If I wasn't forced into using your shit ass services from my apartment complex you'd sure as shit have one less customer. Bet your bottom fucking dollar you incompetent fucking ass wipes won't be getting much more money from me. "

Now, yes we are an ISP, and yet do have data limits, but when we get an email like this, there isnt anything we can do, and all it does it make you sound like an idiot, and we all get a good laugh.

As for the 2nd guy, he has wireless issues, has been calling constantly, and it is never an issues with his service, its using wireless, in an apartment, with a combo modem/router. (Not gonna work FYI)

Tale the 3rd
    So lady calls in (why does it seem lady SCs are bad in my line of work) with an issue with her DVR

She has a legit issue, her DVR isn’t working, giving an error message when trying to use the DVR functionality, and this seems to have been going on for a few weeks intermittently.

So now I get her, try all our normal T/S, and it still isn’t working

Now this specific issue, if our T/S doesn’t fix it, it’s a bad box and needs to get replaced, usually a hard drive crash or some such

So I tell lady this, and then she just goes ballistic as she is going to lose her precious TV shows that were recorded.

I apologize and tell her that unfortunately, there is nothing else we can do other than replace the box.

Her solution to this problem: LETS JUST CANCEL ALL SERVICES!

Yes, you are having issues with a cable box (legitimate issues) and instead of getting it fixed, you are going to go through the hassle of canceling and starting service with someone else, right.

Tale the 5th
    So we are going through a transition in how we provide cable TV to out customers. You may have heard about “all digital”. In short, if you don’t have a cable box after a certain date, you wont get TV any more. We have been telling our customers this for months, and even provide 2 boxes free of charge. Que the SC.

SC – So I got a notice saying something a transition in the area

ME – Correct *gives spiel*

SC – That’s stupid

ME – Im sorry sir, but there is nothing I can do about it, if you don’t have a box after *date* you will no longer receive service

SC – I hate that, I don’t want to have a box, its going to add so many wires to my set up

*This box will add a total of 2 wires, one for power, and an additional cable going from box to TV*

ME – Again, im sorry sir, but this was decided by corporate.

SC – Who can I complain to

ME – Well, you can speak to your office, but they will tell you the same thing I did, if you don’t have a box by *date* your TV will no longer work.

SC – Fine, ill do that

ME – Well, thanks for calling *company* have a great night

Tale the 6th
    So, a lady SC (Again, ladies are just bad to talk to) calls in, apparently this lady has some equipment on her property for her neighbor (dont ask, no idea why) and there was a technician there "working on something" and now her services arent working and she wants us to send one of our techs to "fix it". Now, what makes this annoying is that she does NOT have services with out company, she has services with <other company> so regardless if our tech did something, we cant send our tech out to fix another provider's services. She doesnt like this answer very much and just starts bitching and complaining. Then she starts saying she can hear what is playing on her TV through her phone that she has with <other company>. So again, I tell her to call <other company>. End of this story is she bitched and complained, starts threatening to sue, then hangs up.

Tale the 7th
    This is mostly dumb people, had 2 very simple calls, both made me go WTF?
    1st
    "So can you send out a tech to connect my new Smart TV to my WiFi when i dont have internet with you?"

In what universe are we gonna waste our techs time? Some people

2nd
    So I wrote my district manager for C1 that i keep getting spam messages, I just want to know if your company cares about this

Um, not a damn thing we can do to prevent you from getting spam, live with it

Annndd, done. Sorry a little long, just needed to vent.
Working...
X