Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouty D is sucky to my CWs (partly my fault)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shouty D is sucky to my CWs (partly my fault)

So yeah this was partly my fault. It was around 6 am, and customers were just getting up and having breakfast. For me, it was silent though. And then....
    Then a swarm of customer made a beeline for me (puns intended). They shouted stuff at me: taxis, bathrooms broken, fridges broken, buying snack from our shop, buying 4 waters from shop, drycleaners, etc. Then left. I wrote it all down, and started from the top.
    If I was lucky, I could finish my list with no interruptions. THe phone rang and kept ringing. I was unlucky.
    So when I went halfway thru my list, I threw the guest's drycleaners into a bin that is supposed to hold it, and dashed back to finish my list. What I didn't know was the bin was already stuffed full of bags, and so the guest's laundry fell out. I finished the rest, and completely forgot about it. Shift end.
    So later when the drycleaner guy went to pick it up, since it wasn't in the bin, he didn't pick it up to be drycleaned! And so the guest comes back hours later, where's my laundry? Huh?
    Afternoon shift see it lying beside the bin, dirty, realizes and explains to the guest, guest (a Top Tiered Demonmember) gets all shouty and calls us all morons, snatches back his laundry and stomps off.
    Afternoon shift blamed me for not putting it in the bin, but I was busy and didn't see it fall out! Neither did the morning shift, Mr. M. He looked tired when he came so I guess he didn't see it either. But it was right there! It didn't fall behind something or something like that. Sheesh.
    I wouldn't have cared, except this is a Top Tier D, which can get you fired if they complain to corp. When he had dropped it off, he practically threw it at me, glaring, so no hope that's he's nice and understanding. He'll probably glare at me in the morning and say something nasty. Luckily, the managers have accepted that it was a accidental fluke and not fired me.
    I think...
    Update: Just wanna add that I did speak with the angry customer later and he did mention it and thankfully did not shout or swear. I apologized profusely to him, and explain that it had been busy and I had been distracted, which is true! He seemed to understand so all's well...Phew. hopefully everything goes smooth from now on with him, he's here for a loooooong time.
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 09-02-2015, 09:55 AM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Best of luck HotelMinion. I'm on by myself today (well, there's no manager on property), and every time that happens, something goes bonkers. We have a Jeers rep staying with us who got bit by something last night. We moved him to a different floor so hopefully that solves that. Though we aren't supposed to move guests until the exterminator checks the room and the night auditor did it anyway. And she's been here 5 years. Gah.

PS: Did your hotel comp his drycleaning? That's what mine would have done.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
    X