This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew it was too nice a parking spot - someone was gonna bitch

So said the driver of the other truck when he came back to his rig.

Pulled into a truck stop, and went to go into a stub aisle that had a lot of empty spaces. Slight problem - a truck (running, window open - does he want it to get stolen?) is parked across the aisle, blocking anyone from getting into or out of it. I slap the side of the sleeper a couple times to get the guy's attention, no response. Next I call the fuel desk asking to have the driver paged. A few minutes later, he saunters out, munching on some snack food he had bought at the convenience store.

He could have parked in one of the spaces in the stub aisle and not been in anyone's way. He could have pulled a truck length further forward and parked in a "no parking" area that can hold 2 carefully-parked trucks without being in anyone's way (frequently done, and the trucks don't get bothered). He could have parked a length back in another "no parking" area that can hold one truck without being in anyone's way (again, frequently done). Nope, he had to block the aisle.

When he moved his truck, he pulled into a handicapped space, and kept idling (this truck stop is in a jurisdiction with a 5 minute limit on idling).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Just like any industry, there are good drivers, such as yourself and my father when he drove semi, and there are the bad ones. It does seem the trucking industry's bad ones are worse than other industries, I'll give you that. Most should either have never been put behind the wheel of a big rig, or think they're the best that ever existed and so are entitled to do what they want, like buddy in your story there. You know, I was always under the impression that one of the top rules of the industry is to respect your fellow trucker. I guess some of them didn't get that memo, or didn't care to read it.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
    X