This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My coworker is so sweet

So I have this coworker with the same first name and same last initial as me. That's why I like this; it's like we were conjoined twins working as a team.

So she was backup cashiering and I was service desk. I came back from lunch and Coworker had brought her custy up to the desk to pick up a suspended transaction. She was hoping that this card reader would work, as the one out on the lanes wasn't, and all other registers were taken up. Well, she'd tried everything and this lady's store card simply wouldn't run. The computer acted like she was using a Dept Store A card at a Dept Store B, or something like that. It was weird.

The lady was so patient (kudos to her--what a sweetie!) and said she could just write a check. Then I had a thought. I piped up and asked if the lady would like to sign up for a debit card we issue and thus get the savings that way. She already had a check on her; it was perfect! She agreed. And Coworker gave her an extra discount because she had been so patient with us. My heart swelled a little; I trained that girl! Anyway, everything went through and Coworker got credit for the application and the lady was really happy.

And this is what is so great: her concern was that I wouldn't get credit for the application, even though it was my idea. I told her not to worry; she's salesfloor and doesn't get many opportunities to sell the cards. I just wanted the custy to be taken care of. The next thing I knew I was helping cafe when Coworker handed me a store giftcard she'd bought for me in order to thank me. She didn't have to do that, and now I get free stuff. win/win
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X