This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal screaming

So recently I've been doing a course for my CFS... the latest unit was relaxation.

In which they use two separate "stretching" exercises and a "my (limbs) feel heavy and I am at peace" style mantra exercises as a way to relax and then claim wave a magic wand and wow! you are asleep...

Discussing this with a friend since frankly those exercises just make me more aware of pains and less likely to sleep due to it. The "I'm at peace" part doesn't do anything for me.

All that one friend can belt on about is such exercises for the reason of stopping muscle loss and hasn't stopped lecturing me on it for now over a week... oh, and then diagnosed me with depression (over internet chat no less...) because my responses didn't fit her view of it....

Asking them to stop commenting on it hasn't worked and they are now sniffing that they've been on every treatment plan going and know everything and yada yada yada........... /

Great if yoga works for you. Great if muscle stretching works for you for a general thing. Great if it helps you sleep... when does the body transplant happen so that I get your body not mine...?

I'll add that when I've asked them to stop they then instead message another close friend with "oh, look after her for me...." and the same rants again....
    Last edited by EricKei; 09-14-2015, 12:31 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Quoth Gizmo View Post
    ... and they are now sniffing that they've been on every treatment plan going and know everything and yada yada yada...........
    So, in other words, no treatment plan they've ever tried has actually worked, and yet, they continue to go back and try new ones...

I do believe that's the definition of insanity.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

From extensive drama involving my co-workers I've learned that the best way to stop this nonsense is to not discuss it with these people. You can't make people do anything, so don't give them the chance to start.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
        So recently I've been doing a course for my CFS... the latest unit was relaxation.

(redacted to get to the good stuff)

when does the body transplant happen so that I get your body not mine...?

Scarily, I read today about a human head transplant scheduled for 2017.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/...duled-for-2017

While I'm sorry the guy has this horrible disease, how can cutting off your head and trying to put it on another body gonna help? And who the heck agrees to be the donor body??????

Comment

Mooncat - up until now this person has been fine. but now they've just flipped and won't shut up...

Teefies - Not being able to find much on that disease I do wonder like you about whether the issue will transfer even though its described as spinal. As for who is the body... that's going to be an interesting discussion with the donor's family...!
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Time to say "Enough. I will not discuss this with you, and I do not want you discussing me with others. If you cannot respect me enough to drop this, I will no longer pursue this friendship" and then follow through.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
              Scarily, I read today about a human head transplant scheduled for 2017.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/...duled-for-2017

While I'm sorry the guy has this horrible disease, how can cutting off your head and trying to put it on another body gonna help? And who the heck agrees to be the donor body??????
              Moral implications aside, once the spinal cord is severed, it doesn't grow back, IIRC. Transplanting the head onto a different body will not make the spinal cord grow together; the guy will just end up paralyzed in someone else's body, if he even survives the operation.

Back on topic, I think April has the right idea. This friend is worrying this like a dog with a bone; you'll have to make it very clear that you have no interest in pursuing it any further.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Duly done and I've finally had a couple of days peace. I haven't broached even talking to them about anything yet... when that happens it will be fun as I'm not sure they've got the point despite me telling them to drop it and not comment on anything to do with my health again...

Comment

Working...
                X