This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Identify This Doll

My mother gave me this doll, which she had been given by her great uncle back in the late 40s or early 50s. He had traveled to the UK, and bought this doll there, and apparently told her that he was an English guardsman, which is what I believed for years. After mom gave me the doll, I realized that he's wearing a kilt, and appears to be Scottish rather than English, and seems to be made of felt. That's all I know about this doll, and hoping that someone somewhere has seen a doll like this, and knows what he would have looked like in pristine condition. I'd like to know this so that I can possibly get him restored.
    Attached Files

The doll found here looks similar - it's listed as a Chad Valley Scottish Guard doll:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/294774738088331325/

From what I can find so far, these dolls were manufactured 1950-60 by the Chad Valley Company in the UK.
    Last edited by KuariKaydrith; 09-14-2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

That is definitely him! Thank you so much for the help! The pristine condition of the doll looks gorgeous; I may have to find someone here who might be able to restore him now.

Comment

Quoth Erinesque View Post
        I may have to find someone here who might be able to restore him now.
        going off your CS location, Becky's doll hospital is close, and the doll company while in LA, is considered experts, and do accept mail in service.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
        X