This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could get used to daily housekeeping

My city is at the tail end of a major heatwave. As is pretty normal around here, my house has no air conditioning. It's also huge, so once it gets hot, it takes a lot to cool it back down. It's been miserable, but I would have just dealt with it under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, circumstances are not normal. My oldest son had major surgery last week and has a cast over the surgical incision. Moisture under a cast is a bad thing under the best circumstances, but pairing that with a 4 inch incision is just asking for an infection. The kid's doctor told me I had to do whatever I could to get him into a cooler environment at night.

So BF and I talked about it and we decided he'd cover the cost of a hotel until the kid's SSI back pay came in, and I'd pay him back. We did some looking and found that the Marriott Residence Inn that's closest to us had two bedroom/two bath suites for under $200 a night. We've been there since Friday. It's been incredible.

Seriously, the staff has all been amazing. I feel bad asking for stuff, but they are on top of everything. We had to switch rooms and they really went above and beyond to make sure it went smoothly. Housekeeping comes in and makes beds, empties trash and generally straightens things every day. They even make sure the stuffed critters are arranged nicely. It's so nice to not have to worry about that stuff. Too bad we're checking out Wednesday. The worst of the heat wave is over, but it'll take a couple under 70F nights to make the house tolerable again.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

That's what it's like to be rich and famous! It's a shame it's wasted on the clueless. Glad you got to enjoy a few days of that treatment

Comment

Be sure to leave them a wonderful review online.

Hope your son's doing better.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
      X