This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty old lady

I was in Walmart with my son the other day, assisting him in spending all of his birthday money. We were headed towards electronics when this woman almost runs into us coming out of an Aisle. She then stops directly in front of us and stands in front of an end cap. I said "excuse me" and walked around her.

Her response was "Isn't that cute? I have pins all up my back and everyone is in a damn hurry, except me".

I responded by saying " I was polite to you, and friendly to you. You were blocking my way, I said excuse me and moved past"

She said something a long the lines of "Yeah, you did say excuse me" in a sarcastic tone

I just walked away at this point, as there was nothing to be gained in arguing. I told my son that I should have said "Sorry, some of us aren't at death's door and would like to finish shopping before we are"

She was in line behind me later on, and I warned the cashier that she was a bitch ahead of time. I told her the whole story. Loudly. with emphasis on nasty people who want everyone else to be as miserable as they are

I talked to that cashier again later, who said the old bat didn't say a single word, but had her mouth puckered like a cats butt the entire transaction

Wth is wrong with people? And they get all snarky about it... I had a sighting at the grocery store today. Can I ever get through one trip without something stupid happening? Actually, I can when I go to the more expensive smaller store, but that's off topic.

Anyway, it was a slow morning, so of course SOME people think it's cool to take up entire giant aisles, including main walkways. So a mom and her teenage daughters were standing in the middle of the walkway essencially blocking it. Another woman tries to get around them, but very slightly bumps into the other woman's cart.

The blocking woman sarcastically says "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you behind me!" And she looked at her daughters and rolled her eyes. You know, yeah maybe the other woman could has said "excuse me" but honestly she was blocking one of the most heavily walked areas in the whole store, what does she freaking expect?

I went past the woman and her kids several times later, and they tended to spread out and... inhabit... all the space possible.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      Anyway, it was a slow morning, so of course SOME people think it's cool to take up entire giant aisles, including main walkways.
      Omg, I HATE that. Now when the store isn't busy, I feel a bit more comfortable spreading out a bit. But if someone needs past me, I move. It's really not that difficult and one certainly doesn't need to be nasty about it.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I wonder how long assholes like that think other people should wait for them to move. Whatever it is, I'm not gonna do it.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I was once following a couple of moms with their kids in a strip mall. Moms had to stop to deal with things with their kids. OK, that happens. I stepped off the sidewalk to pass them and heard one of the moms tell their kids to not be rude like SOME people.

What? I should have just stood there and waited until they were done with whatever and slowly followed them admiring their sprogs? I didn't brush by them, they had the sidewalk, I was walking in the grass. Should I have left them the entire plaza.

Comment

Working...
          X