Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah mate, I think you messed with the wrong guy.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah mate, I think you messed with the wrong guy.

This all began when I was invited by my fiancée, to a supposed emotional help and support group run by G, in order for me and her to share a few laughs at just how ridiculous the guy was being. G is a quite apt shortening of the guys name because man he was gullible as all hell. I mean, the guy is 40 years old, was something of a conspiracy nut and routinely fell for (obviously) photoshopped images and made up facts. Not only that, but he was also turning the supposed support group into what I termed as the "G Fan Club" Where he'd belittle, bully and ostracise anyone who didn't fit his beliefs or clique (and this was supposed to be a mental health support group!), including my fiancée, but yet act all sweet and innocent when called out on it.

Now, my fiancée is a sweet girl, but, due to her past, has a problem with sticking up for herself, and despite the treatment of the Admin from the group, wanted to remain there for the rare positive gems it gave her. This all came to a head one day when, after having a disagreement, again, he rather viciously attacked her, I forget exactly how, but it had her in tears but again unwilling to stand up for herself. Hell to the fuck no was I going to let him get away with this.

For several months before this, I'd been integrating myself to the group, from the initial invite, occasionally backing my fiancée up when arguments erupted, but kept my head down for the most part, enough to stay in the group, but also enough for G to most definitely not accept me into his little clique of members.

But after reducing my fiancée to tears, I'd had enough, I'd get my revenge on the guy however I could, hopefully in a way that both me and my fiancée could laugh about later. So I began my plan, cautiously gauging his reaction by sending him photoshopped pictures of stuff like ghosts, aliens and other mythological creatures, usually with subtitles along the lines of "Wow man can you believe this, it's unreal." The longer this went on, the more obvious the photoshopping became on the images I'd send him, culminating in my last attempt, which was an extremely obvious photoshopped picture of a ghost (I made it myself and made no attempt to hide how fake it was) I wasn't hopeful about him falling for it, but he fell for it hook, line, sinker AND fishing rod. So a few days after that I began my final phase of the revenge, the goal was simple, make him show himself for what a fool he is, and boy, did I get what I wanted and more.

The day had come, so I began first with idle chatter to him, before seguing into how scientists were going on about Dihydrogen Monoxide, this piqued his interest, so I began explaining to him the dangers of it and the effects of it and just how widespread it was and how dangerous it was to humans. I was simply originally going to just lead him on for a while, then reveal what it really was and then post it for people to laugh at him. But then he dropped the Bombshell, after me explaining to him just how dangerous it was to humans, he asked me if I knew where to get it and if I could procure some for him, this dangerous substance which I'd expressed to him was extremely dangerous towards humans! I tried to bait out of him exactly WHY he wanted it, but sadly, he wouldn't be baited out. Shortly thereafter our discussion petered out and I left him alone to craft the master post, the post that would show the other members of the group just what a fool he was, and pointed out that him wanting to procure some of this mysterious substance, after being told it was deadly to humans, was, at best, worrying.

I put up the post and left the group, my fiancée remained in the group to see the fallout, on the off chance the guy didn't boot her from the group for what I'd posted. He didn't boot her, at least not directly. Fast forward a few weeks later, and I'd gotten plenty of reports that a ton of the group members who didn't get along with him had a merry old chuckle at the guy, much to his chagrin. By not directly booting her, I mean, a few weeks after my post, the group basically collapsed in on itself, ended up with a ton of infighting, with the end result being the group, which by now had stagnated really bad from what it was supposed to be about, closed and shortly thereafter he removed himself from the social media platform.

We both had a good chuckle about it, with the end result being she's started to stick up for herself more, knowing I'll have her back. To this day, I still can't quite believe just how gullible the guy was. Then a while after the group closed, he messaged me, I messaged him back calling him gullible and then he came up with this gem that finished the revenge nicely: "So what if I am. I know I am."
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Damn Dihydrogen Monoxide. Did you know that everyone who consumes that stuff will die...(eventually)? In fact, I'm drinking some right now...I like to live on the edge.

Nice work; the revenge was both sweet, and harmless. So, kudos on both fronts!

Shame on that admin for not reigning in G, though...it sounds like the guy was gonna destroy the group sooner or later anyway simply because he was trying to make it the "G" Group, and his toxic behavior really never should have been tolerated.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Shame on that admin for not reigning in G, though...it sounds like the guy was gonna destroy the group sooner or later anyway simply because he was trying to make it the "G" Group, and his toxic behavior really never should have been tolerated.
      He was the admin, hence the problem, though I realise I may not have made it too clear, that's how he got away with it.
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Damn Dihydrogen Monoxide. Did you know that everyone who consumes that stuff will die...(eventually)? In fact, I'm drinking some right now...I like to live on the edge.

Nice work; the revenge was both sweet, and harmless. So, kudos on both fronts!

Whatever you do, don't breathe it in.

I agree. It sounded like G was trying the equivalent of turning "Customers Suck" into "Fratching." G should have been reminded that a support group is a safe space. If he still didn't get it, :bye:.
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
          He was the admin, hence the problem, though I realise I may not have made it too clear, that's how he got away with it.
          The group could still have booted him, though in a roundabout way. If everyone who was fed up with him left the group at once, and then immediately formed a new group to which he was not invited, it would be pretty much the same as booting him.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

G sounds like a raging scrotum monkey, and is lucky that you were going after him rather than me. I would not have been nearly as nice as you were, though I do respect and admire your long laid plan for revenge. I don't know what I would have done, but it would not have been pleasant for him at all.

There is exactly one person I will allow to berate or belittle my girlfriend, and that's my girlfriend herself. And most of the time, I won't even stand for that.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X