X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Responsible adults, not so much...

Coupon Fail #1: super needy and bad babysitter

A lady came up to me with two bolts of fabric, one was about $7 per yard. The other was an uber-deluxe baby panel, which cost a whopping $25 per panel. Neither was on sale. She asked for a coupon, I tell her we have none. She tells me she's from the country up north, I tell her we still have no coupons. I explain the many, many ways folks from any country can get coupons, but we still have no coupons. If she has a smart phone she can walk a short distance to the coffee shop with free wifi, and get a half off coupon.

At this point she tells me that she has to hurry because there's a baby in the car. I assume (haha) that she means "a baby in the car with another adult." Possibly the mother, because this woman seemed more like a grandma. She asks where the clearance fabric is, I show her. She repeats what she said about needing to hurry, and asks if I will help her find baby fabric in the clearance. We are unsuccessful. She goes to get the cheaper of the two fabrics cut.

Later, I hear from a CW that the woman also asked her for a coupon at check out, but she added a bit. She said that the one and a half year old was alone in the car, but it was okay because she was watching "her show." I'm not crazy, am I, a one and a half year old is too little to stay alone in a car right? I mean, she was in the store a while... Anyway, I don't understand why people think they can just pester us until somehow we'll magically give them exactly what they want.

Coupon Fail #2: aggressive

Oh, and a while ago this woman didn't have a coupon, or a phone. An employee had told her that if she had a phone she could get a coupon texted to her. She then begged all of us at the cutting counter to get a coupon on one of our phones, write down the number, and let her use it! We all said no, and she demanded a manager at the register. I guess she had an expired coupon which the manager honored. She didn't tell us, because the expired coupon that she had was for 15%, and the coupon she wanted was for 20%. So she wanted an employee to get in trouble over 5%. I mean, she was persistently trying to talk my CWs into using one of their phones to find HER a coupon. We could seriously get in trouble, but you know she doesn't care.

Sidebar, we are really not supposed to use the non-scan coupon option. It's tracked. Pretty much everything is tracked, actually, more that I realized. Normally you wouldn't even know it, unless you are breaking policy, and then it will totally catch you. So bugging us for a coupon honestly won't work. The store sometimes gets a stack of coupons, but today was the last day of the sale, so ours were long gone. *sigh* Freaking coupons, I hate them.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Yeah, 18 months old alone in the car? That's a paddling.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
    X