This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer 'Crash'.

Set up: My Brother is a police officer at a local small town of about 5000 people. He told me this story a few months ago while working one of his shifts.

He and the other cop on duty were at the police station, “Ironically, eating a donut”, as he puts it. While they are at the station, someone in a pick-up decided it was a good time to do a burn out in front of the station, and then take off down the road which, needless to say, got their attention.

Both my brother and the other officer go running out to their patrol cars and take off after the truck. My brother has a ‘rider’ with him, and is a result is running a bit behind (A rider is someone who is riding in the car with the officer, but isn’t an officer themselves. This is typically a trainee, news media, or someone who is looking into becoming a police officer.)

After a few seconds of trying to follow, the second officer loses sight of the truck. He decides to go up and down the main streets, and start looking in the alleys and side streets to see if he can spot the offending truck. Just after a minute or 2, he spots it in an ally just as he was driving by it, throws his car into reverse, then floors it, right into the front of my brother’s squad car, who just happened to catch up to the other officer.

From my understanding the damage was relatively minor, just pushed in the hood a bit on my brother’s car and the other car has 2 nice size dents from my brother’s push bars on the rear bumper cover. Air bags didn’t go off or anything. No one was injured, but my brother did go to the ER, ‘just to be checked out’ afterwards.

Right after the incident, before my brother went to the ER, they did investigate the truck parked in ally, and judged that since the truck matched the description and still had warm tires, it was the one they were after. That was then they realized it was parked next to a city council member’s house. Since the truck had dealer plates from a local car dealership associated with the council member, they were pretty sure that the driver and his passengers went into that house, so they knocked on the door. They could hear muffled voices, and feet shuffling, but since they didn’t have a warrant, nor neither officer saw them go in, they couldn’t knock the door down or go in.

When someone told the Chief, his first response was to the 2nd officer, “Smith, I know it was your first day, and I can understand wrecking 1 car, but 2 cars?!”

The next day, the Chief went to the city council member and told them “I don’t know who was driving,” (The truck had dealer plates.)” but they caused me to have 2 wrecked patrol cars and sent one officer to the ER. You better tell them not to do that again, or the dealership, you and they could have some series problems coming from me”

The Chief also came in the office and announced that Officer Smith’s new name was going to be ‘Crash’, and replaced all the labels on Smith’s locker and equipment with new labels that said ‘Crash’ on them.
    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Oh, wow.
    On a side note, your bro's a guy in uniform with a sense of humor. Is he single?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Ha, sounds like my hometown. Except our Chief would probably be cursing up a storm to the City Council (and one of the council members would post the glory to YouTube, because the rants can get funny at times). Ah, he is a great guy.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Woah, I wonder what their insurance rates are like. >.<

Comment

At least he gets a cool theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBYQ28RWBnM

Comment

Is the family name "Craddock"?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Is the family name "Craddock"?
              And does he carry a Billy club as an impact weapon?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Is Officer Crash's last name "Bandicoot"?

Comment

Working...
                X