X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dawnfire View Post
    give them the number and address of the local homeless shelter
    My mom sent her cousin to the Salvation Army.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth dougall View Post
      If you live relatively close to Al's family and they are not paying bills you may have to start thinking about what you are going to do if they turn up on your doorstep after getting evicted as you seem to have a spare room.
      If the leeches somehow find out where you live and show up, do NOT let them stay one minute in your place. In many places, as has been mentioned, once someone establishes residency in a place, it is damned hard to get them out, legally. And in some places, it doesn't take that much to establish residency.

So just don't let them stay. Not for a month, not for a week, not for a day, not for a night, not at all. Because, as you know, once they settle in, they won't leave. And they'll be your problem yet again.

If they ask why they can't stay once you've said no, the title of this thread is a valid response. You do not owe them a reason, and if I were you, I wouldn't engage with them at all. At MOST, I'd say, "Because this is our place, and we cannot support or accommodate anyone else here." But that's only if I was feeling really nice. And I rarely feel that nice.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Frankly, I think I'd just say "Because we don't want you here."

That might succeed in pissing them off enough to chase them away for good.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Terrific news, high-fives for you both!

I imagine it would be asking too much for Al to channel the late Philip Seymour Hoffman, pity:

Go f*** yourself, you **** child!

Quoth Tama View Post
          Actually they do not currently know where we live.
          Good call.
          Good to see Al standing up to his birth-unit. Any idea when the next logical step will follow, namely cutting off all contact with them? They bring nothing to the table, and try to take everything including the table.
          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Frankly, I think I'd just say "Because we don't want you here."
            Or the parents' classic: Because I said so, that't why.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
            X