This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "theft for sale as scrap" story

A guy was caught stealing plumbing fixtures, presumably to sell as scrap brass. I wonder if he continued his theft at the police station after he was arrested. If he did, that would be a hard one to solve, since the police would have nothing to go on.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

There was a recent press release by the British Transport Police, explaining how they caught a gang of metal thieves who had been taking cables from the railway (which is the BTP's jurisdiction). The cost of the disruption the cable thefts was estimated at half a million quid - and the thieves got less than £50 for the sale as scrap.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      A guy was caught stealing plumbing fixtures, presumably to sell as scrap brass. I wonder if he continued his theft at the police station after he was arrested. If he did, that would be a hard one to solve, since the police would have nothing to go on.
      I give you props for that one. It subtle enough to get away with.

My personal favorites are ones that are a combination of comical and tragic. It's usually people seeing a long length of copper and thinking the get a huge score. So they come back at night, hacksaw in hand and start cutting. Too bad they ignored the "high voltage" sign...

Where the tragedy comes from is in some cases it's desperation and it's becoming so common that even the Darwin Awards won't accept them anymore.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
      X