This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitty Caps!

I just got a brand new sofa from Lazyboy and it's AMAZING... and my cat tried to sharpen her claws on it three times in the first hour. I don't want to declaw her because, well, she's not a young pup. 10-14 years old, roughly, I forget.

Anyway, my sister had mentioned Soft Paws. So I rushed to the pet store and bought what they had, Kitty Caps! I'm lucky this cat puts up with shit from me. XD Getting them on her was still an ordeal but I wasn't bleeding and she only pulled one off. Now she's walking on them just fine! And they look awesomely ridiculous. Bright pink caps on her claws...

This calls for....Pics! ^_^ ...If you would be so kind.

A novel solution. I like it!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I buy my cats' caps from Amazon, and just got some glow in the dark ones!

Comment

Quoth Erinesque View Post
        I buy my cats' caps from Amazon, and just got some glow in the dark ones!
        I didn't know they made glow in the dark ones! Cool
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We've used those. Nail glue works really well to keep them on. Give kitty some wet food to distract her while the glue dries, and try to put them on when she's tired. They're a perfect way to stop scratching without harming the cat.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

My one cat Merle, doesn't really mind getting his caps on, but doesn't particularly enjoy it either. I can usually get one paw done in one setting, before he gets antsy. Anastasia, on the other hand, I have to hold her and do one claw before she is ready to get out of there. I keep plying her with treats so I can finish her paws.

Comment

The title made me envision a cat wearing a Scumbag Steve-style hat.

Comment

I love Kitty Kaps... I'm just waiting for our kitten to be grown enough that she won't outgrow them... her and her freakish 25 claws.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                  I love Kitty Kaps... I'm just waiting for our kitten to be grown enough that she won't outgrow them... her and her freakish 25 claws.
                  25 claws? Wow! Ernest Hemingway would've loved to meet her!

I've never tried the caps; I usually just trim my cats' front claws once a month or so. They tolerate it. Just.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    25 claws? Wow! Ernest Hemingway would've loved to meet her!

I've never tried the caps; I usually just trim my cats' front claws once a month or so. They tolerate it. Just.
                    I sneak up on Allie when she's asleep to trim her front claws (the back never seem to need it). I can usually get through at least one paw before she starts getting too upset. She also gets treats when we're done with the clipping, which does seem to be improving her tolerance.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      They do make kitten size ones. They don't stay on permanently, as the cat naturally sheds the outside of the nail, they come off with it, so you can always move up in size as yr cat gets bigger. You'll have to replace them eventually anyway, makes sense to invest in a few sizes.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                        They do make kitten size ones. They don't stay on permanently, as the cat naturally sheds the outside of the nail, they come off with it, so you can always move up in size as yr cat gets bigger. You'll have to replace them eventually anyway, makes sense to invest in a few sizes.
                        Oh yes, I know they are not permanent... at the time I posted that though she was growing fast enough that we wouldn't even work through a single package before she outgrew them.
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                        X