This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Jerk

On my way home from work last night, during rush hour, but it wasn't as bad as it could be. I was in the right lane. I needed to be in the left lane. I look behind me. There is a truck, quite a ways back. So I flip on my turn signal and move over. The truck doesn't like that. He speeds up as I'm in the middle of both lanes, and gets on my ass once I get all the way over. I'm talking I can see nothing in my rear view but his grill. Keep in mind, before I moved over, he was about 100 feet back, by the time I finish moving over, he is inches from me.

He stays right on me for a couple of miles until I get in the turn lane. I make the mistake of glancing at him next to me, and apparently he dislikes that, because he makes an illegal turn after me, pulls up next to me and is screaming out the window. I have no idea what he is saying. He then drops way back. He is in the lane next to me, not behind me, but I am scared that he is waiting for us to stop at the light that's coming up so he can harass me. I ended up turning left onto a side street. He stops in traffic and literally watches me drive down the street. I was wondering if he was waiting to see if I pulled into a driveway?

I end up driving down the side street until I got to another main road and drove home that way, but this dude really scared me. I probably should have called the police, but I couldn't get his plate number or anything and I had no desire to engage him. I still don't know what made him so angry. I think he just didn't want someone in front of him, which is why he sped up like that. I'm sort of scared to drive home tonight. I may take an alternate route for a few days

Road rage is freaking terrifying, and you don't know what will set it off. I hope you have a cellphone with you. I'd also suggest finding the address of any police stations on your route; if Psycho engages you again, pulling into the police station parking lot is a good way to discourage him. (Fire stations are good too.)
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Taking a picture of these people often helps -- hell, even if he THINKS you're taking a pic or video, he may back off.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Taking a picture of these people often helps -- hell, even if he THINKS you're taking a pic or video, he may back off.
        I've actually done that before on a few occasions with idiots who wanted to "play". Every time they backed off when they saw me "filming".
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I had a guy follow me for a few miles in the town where I live one night, at like 1:30 AM. Fortunately, I knew the town fairly well. I actually drove past the house where I lived, just to throw the guy off a little. I managed to put a little distance between myself and him, and then I pulled into an aunt's "back alley" driveway, and turned off the lights and my car. I saw him drive by, slowly, and keep going. I waited a few minutes then drove home. My step uncle came out, and asked me what I was doing. I told him, and then told him I was just heading home.

I think I know who it was, too, but it only happend that one time.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

That sounds terrifying. Next time don't be afraid to call the cops, even if you don't have all the info you can still describe your location. And I second knowing where there are police stations and other "safe spots" on your route.

Quoth mjr View Post
            I had a guy follow me for a few miles in the town where I live one night, at like 1:30 AM. Fortunately, I knew the town fairly well. I actually drove past the house where I lived, just to throw the guy off a little.
            I once was coming home from the paper route around 4:30am. I was on set of roads that are a fairly significant route through the neighborhood so not that weird to have people going the same way as you, but somehow the car behind me was just giving me this vibe that I was being followed. IDK why I was feeling that. I decided to drive past home and hit up the drive-thru for breakfast though. I figured if I was being followed it'd be a safe place with people around and if I was imagining it then I get breakfast, whatever.

The guy actually followed me all the way up to the drive-thru. When I got to the speaker, he literally peeled around and burned rubber out of there!

So that shook me up. I still dunno what set off red flags in my head, but I was glad I listened to my intuition on that one.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

What a psycho. It seems like psycho drivers are everywhere. I had one when I was in a bad part of town, right after my accident by a different psycho driver. I was just learning to drive again after PTSD, and it was a clear day. I looked right and left, planning to make a right turn. All the sudden I head BeeeeeeeePPPPP!! from behind and I see in my rearview mirror a psycho so close on my tail...he pulled up next to me and started screaming I don't know what. I was like WTF!!! His face, I'll never forget it, was a twisted mask of rage! I was so scared that I panicked and pull over in a plaza, trying to calm myself. Luckily for me he didn't follow, but if I had his license plate I would've called the cops. Terrorizing others on the road is not allowed.
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Reaaaaaaallly glad I'm car-free at the moment. I don't know if I want to go back to driving. I probably will, but stuff like this is why I hate driving.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I haven't seen him since, but I only get off work at 5 2 days a week, so tomorrow would be the day that I'm looking out for him. I still get a little shaky whenever I see a big white truck. If he was just following me, I would have gone up to the fire station that was just up the road, but there were 2 lights between me and the station and I was scared to be stopped next to this guy. I just don't understand what makes people go nuts like that

Comment

Working...
                  X