This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saving my car jacked friend

Friday night I was supposed to start a special security job that ended up not working out so I was home on Saturday. That evening I was instant messaging a friend who had mentioned earlier he might go out to a bar. We had planned to maybe hang out later. Suddenly his messages said call "9 1 1 I'm being carjacked." Apparently he offered to give a drunk guy a ride home and it turned out the guy was only faking it. During the drive he pulled out a gun and directed my friend to drive around picking up people who are performing a drug deal, not to mention they robbed him. He was able to text me enough information without them seeing so I could call the police and give them a big area of where he was along with a physical description so they would know who was who. I even remembered to mention that his accent gets thick when hes nervous. This was 11 o'clock at night on a Saturday. I threw on a shirt and a pair of pants, grabbed my gun and drove to the area where I knew he was and started driving up and down streets. I saw a bunch of police cars going one way and talking with dispatch they found him. They instant messaged him and manage to get him to call them and he pretended it was his. So they made an excuse to pull the car over handcuffed everybody( they told him it was for show after) and search them. They arrested the two people that have been picked up and driven around but for some reason the fake drunk that did the original carjacking was let go because he had tossed his drugs out the window before the car stopped and somehow they couldn't find the gun that was used. I think they're waiting to see if he leaves them to other dealers. So I picked up my friend and stay the night with him because he was freaking out. I have the next day off and we had to go to the police station because they left some crack rocks in his backseat and he wanted to turn them in. So afterwards I help him clean his car and stayed with him again. Now the police want him to go back in to look at photos and do some sketch artist stuff. He took these two days off work because he just can't stand to be around people and groups right now where he can't always watch his back. The former military so this just brought back all the PTSD crap. He hasn't been sleeping well because of it and I keep trying to distract him and hang out with him as much as I can but I have to work too. I want to be there for him and help him and I worry about him but there's only so much I can do and I feel terrible. At least he said that me calling the police and even going to search for him told me what kind of friend I was so he knows. I just wish I could fix him and make his life easier. He's just had such a run of bad luck lately. And that incident happened on the one night he decided to finally get out of the house and do something.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Thank goodness you were there to help and these jerks were caught!

I can't believe the let the first guy go, but I hope you got it right and the police are hoping he'll lead them to bigger fish...

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      At least he said that me calling the police and even going to search for him told me what kind of friend I was so he knows.
      You are an excellent friend to him. Thank you for coming to his aid, calling the police and caring for him.
      I just wish I could fix him and make his life easier. He's just had such a run of bad luck lately.
      Understandable. It's awful to see a friend having a rough time, especially such a traumatic experience like that. Hopefully, knowing that people care about him and have his back should help some.
      Last edited by XCashier; 10-01-2015, 02:27 AM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

/hugs

You're a good friend.

Comment

You're an excellent friend!

Is there a local crisis center or veterans' aid center where he could get some help? He went through something that would shake anybody's confidence, and these kinds of places can give support when you can't be there.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That's scary. I'm glad he's okay too.
            Last edited by Caffienated_Caramel; 10-01-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I just wish I could fix him and make his life easier. He's just had such a run of bad luck lately.
              Well, being with yor friend, I'm sure is helping a lot. He is a very lucky person to have someone who cares so mch, and his road to reovery from this will be much easier with people like you in his life.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Unfortunately he's not an American veteran so I don't know how he would get support here. He is a legal US citizen though. And he hates talking about his service.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

That's a super scary situation! Glad he was able to contact you and you were able to help intervene. Who knows how things could have ended up. Hopefully he can take some time for himself and help clear his head. Maybe a couple counseling sessions could be helpful, too.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                  X