X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job, New Stories

Been awhile, so hello again!

I recently moved towns and got a new job. My first really important job, since I've never had to pay rent before. That's a fun new experience, by the way. Point is, I can't lose this job, which is not a feeling I've had to get used to before, so there's much more biting my tongue and just sucking it up.

Story time!

I almost refuse a table

In my years of weekend-waitressing, I have only ever refused one table, a record I'm proud of. I'd say I'm pretty good at ignoring peoples crap and keeping a smile on my face, but I almost refused this one, and since I was the only waitress on the floor, they would have been asked to leave. They thought it would be funny to yell things at me suddenly to try and startle me into dropping things, which actually worked when I had a gallon of milk in my hands. That was fun to clean up! They also dumped out all the sugar packets and jelly from the caddy on the table, and were just all around rude and messy. Of course no tip.

Bad Advice

A couple came in to eat, and when they were finished I hear them arguing over whether to leave a tip. They guy is trying to tell her we don't get an hourly wage, and she's saying we do, so they call me over and ask. I tell them I make 2.13 an hour plus tips, and the woman starts saying that if that's all they pay the should cut our shirts lower so we can make more tips, and then she says there's a hotel right down the road, you can take customers there and get tips.

You read that right. She suggested I prostitute myself instead of waitressing.

Go Away

I was really busy the other night, and this old man comes up to pay for his food. Again, I was the only waitress on the floor and I had a lot to get done before my relief came in. Anyways, he pays with a card and ask him to sign the receipt, and he takes the pen and the receipt... and stands there for a solid 20 minutes trying to make conversation with me. Of course I just had to politely nod, but inside I was just like are you kidding me? I'm sorry you're lonely but I'm at work, I have a job to do, and it's not standing at the register talking to you.

I wonder if bad advice "lady" earns HER tips that way.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Maybe the guy with her was a customer.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Safire View Post
        A couple came in to eat, and when they were finished I hear them arguing over whether to leave a tip. They guy is trying to tell her we don't get an hourly wage, and she's saying we do, so they call me over and ask. I tell them I make 2.13 an hour plus tips, and the woman starts saying that if that's all they pay the should cut our shirts lower so we can make more tips, and then she says there's a hotel right down the road, you can take customers there and get tips.

You read that right. She suggested I prostitute myself instead of waitressing.

Um, that seems like something that your boss might be interested in hearing. Also, what a . Maybe he dumped her after that.

Comment

Same here

That is the same thought I had when reading the post.

Comment

Speaking from experience would explain a lot
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

They thought it would be funny to yell things at me suddenly to try and startle me into dropping things, which actually worked when I had a gallon of milk in my hands. That was fun to clean up! They also dumped out all the sugar packets and jelly from the caddy on the table, and were just all around rude and messy. Of course no tip.
              I say that calls for a blow from the Ban Hammer!!
              I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
              - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

I wouldn't doubt it

Quoth paxillated View Post
                I say that calls for a blow from the Ban Hammer!!
                Two of the three actually came back in last night and I went and told the cook as soon as they walked in that if they started their shit again tonight, I was gonna send him to deal with it. Luckily, they were pretty quiet and got out pretty fast, and I'm wondering if it was just their one friend that didn't come last night that was instigating all the trouble. Still no tip, but I didn't expect one anyways

Comment

With that second customer I don't think I'd be able to hold off from saying "Oh are you speaking from personal experience?"

Comment

Working...
                  X