This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Music at Work

Now this may not seem like a big deal to some people but it is where I work. Corporate finally put some money out for some new music and personally I like it (besides the Taylor Swift songs). With the old radio station at least 6 times a day my coworkers and I would look at each other and exclaim "I hate this song!" or "What is this crap??" I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before the music gets on our nerves but for now I'm going to enjoy it.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Enjoy it while you can. It won't be long before the Muzak starts playing the same ten Christmas songs over and over and over...
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Enjoy it while you can. It won't be long before the Muzak starts playing the same ten Christmas songs over and over and over...
      That happened one year when I was still at Awful-mart. The Xmas CD we got from corporate had 10 hours worth of songs but there was a glitch in the CD and would only play the first 10 songs. Needless to say after one night we were screaming bloody murder

Comment

Luckily I have a high tolerance for bad music (I grew up through the 70s and 80s) and an even higher tolerance for unlikable Christmas music. It seems like the selection we're getting now is more Top 40 with some country and older stuff thrown in. We'll see how it goes. But yeah, probably won't take long before there's songs we all hate.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

At the hotel we aren't supposed to know where the volume control is, but we do. If Boss man ever asks why music is off (which he doesn't do often) we say guests wanted to watch TV.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
            That happened one year when I was still at Awful-mart. The Xmas CD we got from corporate had 10 hours worth of songs but there was a glitch in the CD and would only play the first 10 songs. Needless to say after one night we were screaming bloody murder
            Had something similar when I was working for a grocery store--the tapes were theoretically 8 hours long, but the machine was busted. It would only play the first track, so while you should have only heard the same song once a shift at most, instead you got to hear it every two hours.

Honestly, I could deal with the Christmas music. It was the week or two when the tape had children's music that had me ready to go Office Space on the damn machine...
            "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

The repair center didn't have piped in music, for which I was very grateful. The Walmart only had music when it was Xmas time.. and it would only be played in the garden center. Drove me so batty as a cashier that once I quit, I would go into the garden center and shut off the CD player (which was stored at the base of one of the tree displays) or go "oops" to unplug the stupid dancing/singing Santa.

I'm sure that pissed of management, but I was able to at least shop in the Christmas stuff when I did that. Now? Two kids later, I can tune everything out. Irritating Christmas music isn't so bad when compared to screaming child.
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
              X